Chapter 2 - The Sorting

You headed towards the great hall with everyone and saw Snape. You weren't allowed to call him dad in school grounds. But he motioned for you to go to the front to see Dumbledore.

"(Y/n), it's a pleasure to have you here." Dumbledore smiled.

"The pleasure's mine, Professor."

"Now, since you just joined, we will need to sort you back to your corresponding house." He explained.

As he took out the sorting hat, he slowly placed it on your head.

'I better be Slytherin.' You thought to yourself. You couldn't let Voldemort down.

"Gryffindor!" The sorting hat said with pride.

"What?! No! Me? And Gryffindor?!" You exclaimed and looked at Snape.

He shrugged, and you went to the Gryffindor table, sitting next to Hermione.

She was talking with her friends. One that you could make up was Harry Potter, the boy who lived.

"(Y/n)! I'm so happy we're in the same house!" Hermione smiled in delight when she saw you.

You returned a smile, and Hermione immediately started introducing her friends.

"So this is Ron, Ron Weasly. And this is-" she was saying, as you interrupted her.

"Harry Potter. I know." You giggled.

Harry blushed slightly and looked down at the table.

"Am I that well known?" He joked.

"You're Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Of course you are." You said, rolling your eyes with sarcasm.

'You're also my father's biggest enemy.' You thought to yourself.

Before you knew it, you had become great friends with the golden trio. In fact, you could even be considered as part of the trio. Which technically makes you guys a quartet since there were four of you.

You and Hermione shared a room together and always stayed up late.

You still couldn't believe it, and Snape couldn't really either. Both of you were sure you'd be in Slytherin.

You weren't complaining really, it was nice to have the others as friends. And Voldemort wasn't either as his target was so close to you.

However.. someone was complaining.

Draco Malfoy.

-----

Draco's POV

The new girl is fun to tease.

Since she was a new student, she had to get sorted into her house today in the hall.

My encounter with her on the train wasn't long, but I guess she was kind of pretty..

I kind of wished for her to be in Slytherin so I could see her more often.

However, the sorting hat yelled "Gryffindor" with no hesitation. My heart was aching. I couldn't explain this feeling. Disappointment? Jealousy?

Stupid Potter and his squad are closer to her than ever. It's pathetic, really.

I admit that when I started calling her 'princess', I just wanted to make her one of those fangirls of mine.

I think something backfired..

-----

Back to present

"(Y/n), hurry! We'll be late for potions." Hermione yelled, running with you down the hall.

The two of you barged into the classroom. Thankfully, Professor Snape still hadn't arrived.

Hermione sat down next to Harry. Leaving the only empty seat that was open for you to sit in.

You sat down in the empty seat and took out your books.

"Morning princess."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N : Sorry if this was short