Chapter 22 - Malfoy's Confession

Summer break was almost over.

Staying at Malfoy Manor has made you closer to Draco than you could've ever imagined.

You were also spying on Lucius Malfoy and updating his plans to your father.

You did feel just the slightest amount of regret since Lucius is Draco's father, but of course it was too late now.

Walking down the steps, still in your pajamas, you gave a slight yawn as you headed towards the kitchen.

"Good morning princess." Draco smiled, facing the stove.

"Dray? Is that you?" You asked, rubbing your eyes and giving another weak yawn.

"Who else could it be?" He laughed.

"Why are you cooking? That's the most muggle thing you could be doing." You said, sitting down at your usual spot.

"Well I wanted to give it a go and-"

"-and try be useful for once? Got it." You joked, cutting him off.

He glared at you but soon burst out laughing.

Suddenly, your gaze fell onto the stove with smoke filling the surrounding area.

"Dray! Watch it!"

"Oh sh*t-" He said, quickly turning off the stove.

The smoke blurred around the air, and you started coughing.

You walked over to Draco, looking at the pan.

"Burnt pancakes. Nice attempt male-wife wannabe."

"Tsk." He hissed.

"Sorry for ruining breakfast. I'll just use magi-" He said, scraping off the burnt pancakes.

"Allow me." You grabbed the pan from his hand.

"Got any extra batter?"

He pointed to the bowl on the countertop.

"Breakfast will be served in around 10 minutes." Like that, you had started to prepare breakfast for both of you.

Draco silently observed next to you, asking a few questions every now and then.

Once you were done, the two of you sat down to enjoy the masterpiece of a pancake you had just cooked up.

"Mmm! This is delicious!" Draco said, gobbling up most of it.

"Can't deny I'm a good cook." You said, rubbing it in his face.

"You really are something special.." He muttered under his breath.

-----

Returning to your room, you once again put on your headphones and started writing away.

The sound of music flowed through your ears as you enjoyingly washed away all your troubles.

Meanwhile, another boy was having troubles of his own..

-----

Draco pov

This is it. I'm sure of it.

I'm going to ask her out.

Just not sure how..

-----

You were on your bed, looking out the window and staring into the deep grey-blue sky. Stars glimmering in the night.

There was an abrupt knock on your door.

"W-Who is it?" You muttered, grabbing your wand which was laying on your bedside table.

Pointing a wand at the door, you slowly moved towards it, suddenly stopping at a halt.

An envelope was slipped into your wand from the gap under the door.

You quickly shifted your gaze and aimed the wand at the envelope, carefully moving yourself to the door.

You lowered yourself to the ground and picked it up.

"Sorry to disturb you princess, care to meet me in the garden?"

You looked up at the door, hearing the echo of footsteps growing weaker and weaker, and soon disappearing.

Opening the door, you started walking to the garden.

-----

Y/n pov

I arrived at the garden as the letter had told me to.

There, I saw Draco, with has back facing me.

"Dray? You wanted something?" I asked him, confused as to why I was here.

"Princess.. I'd like to apologize for being a shithead to you."

"Draco Malfoy, apologizing? Well that's something you don't see everyday." I said teasingly.

"Shut up idiot, you're ruining the moment." He chuckled, turning to face me.

"I know this is going to sound all cheesy and stuff, but I just wanted to tell you that.."

I felt my heart pounding, waiting for him to continue.

"Go on." I said.

"I may not be as sweet and caring as Di- Cedric. But I surely mean it when I say I love you just as much." With that, he walked forward and placed a flower in my hair.

I looked at him, his grey eyes staring into mine.

With that, I leaned in and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you too idiot."

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

A/N :
Hello hello hello <3
Istg the cringe from this for me is unbearable.
Anywho, thank you for reading!
I'll be gone for a while(not like I haven't been)
So I can focus on my studies, but I'll be back with another chapter before you know it!

-xoxo
Yoshi out