Chapter 13 - Goblet of Fire

The Holidays weren't anything special. You spent it mostly with Snape, sometimes getting to see Voldemort.

He seemed to have a plan, which is why he recently became busier.

You always found Death Eaters coming over to Voldemort's so called 'lair'.

You were never apart of them, and you didn't get involved in any of the Dark Lord's work. But clearly something was going on.

Something big.

You returned to Hogwarts, ready for your 4th year.

-----

You arrived at the great hall, sitting down next to Harry.

"How was everyone's break?" You asked.

"Good, we stayed at the Weasleys'" Hermione replied.

"You should come next time! With your parents permission of course." Ron suggested.

Dumbledore was giving his speech and said something about a Triwizard Tournament?

You weren't paying attention. You glanced at Cedric who was sitting at the end of the hall. You hadn't seen him since 3rd Year.

He looked back at you and winked, causing you to blush a little.

Dumbledore started introducing the other schools, and the students walked in from the hall entrance.

They took a bow and everyone started clapping.

Then the students from Drumstrang came barging in the door, doing these cool acrobatic stuff.

As usual, nothing interested you. You'd seen more than that with Voldemort.

Something that did catch your attention, was the Yule Ball.

You looked at Cedric and he looked at you giving a smirk.

You smiled back and continued listening to Dumbledore.

-----

Before curfew, a lot of students gathered around the Goblet of Fire.

The golden trio, Fred, George and you were there.

You heard people clapping, as some boys pushed Cedric forward.

"Come on Cedric! Put it in!" They yelled.

Cedric hesitantly gazed at the cup, then finally putting it in.

He returned to his friends and they gave him a hug.

"Cedric?" You walked over.

He let go of his friends and turned to you.

"Hey (y/n)."

You smiled as he looked at his friends.

"Guys, this is (y/n), the one I've been telling you about." He introduced, then pulling you into his arms.

He gave you a squeeze and whispered in your ear.

"Missed me, darling?"

You chuckled and hugged him back.

"Oooooo~ lovebirds." His friends teased.

"Cedric, you're thinking of competing..?"

He looked at your worried face.

"It's dangerous, I know. But trust me, if I get in I won't let anything happen." He reassured.

You smiled worryingly.

-----

"The moment you've all been waiting for! The champion selection!" Dumbledore yelled as he raised his hand.

The fire in the room went out and it was getting dark.

He walked closer to the Goblet of Fire and the fire turned red, letting a small piece of paper fall into Dumbledore's hand.

"The first champion is.. Viktor Krum!"

The Drumstrang students started cheering and clapping as Viktor walked out.

The fire turned red again, spitting out another piece of paper.

"Fleur Delacour!" Then another cheer arose as she walked out to greet Dumbledore.

"The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

You heart was pounding. Excitement? Disappointment? Or were you just scared.

Cedric stepped forward and had a great smile across his face. He was happy, that's all that mattered to you.

"We now have our three champions! In the end, only one will go down in History."

You glanced at Cedric, he was proud but you were getting more and more anxious by the second. You didn't want to lose him.

"The Triwizard cup!" Dumbledore yelled. And the prize cup was revealed.

'That looks.. awfully familiar." You thought to yourself, squinting your eyes to make sure.

The clapping was interrupted by another roar of red fire. Everyone stopped.

Dumbledore held the paper in his hand and mumbled something.

"Harry Potter?"

You turned to Harry as he slowly sank into his seat.

"HARRY POTTER!" Dumbledore yelled once again.

"Harry, go!" Hermione pushed him forward.

He walked out slowly, clearly shivering in fear.

Ron gave Harry a glare.

You and Hermione looked at each other nervously.

-----

You were laying in your bed, not being able to sleep.

You were worried for Cedric, you were worried for Harry.

You were most certainly considered powerful in spells having Voldemort guide you throughout your childhood.

'I don't get it.. why did a fourth champion come to be?' You bit your lip, thinking harder than ever.

'How did Harry get his name in the Goblet of Fire..'

You got up and looked at Hermione who had fallen fast asleep.

'And why.. did the cup look so familiar.'

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -