Chapter 8 - Rumors

The bell rang. You approached Snape slowly.

"Professor Snape?" You asked. Waiting for everyone to leave the classroom.

Draco stayed behind. He sat in his seat looking at the two of you.

"I.. uh.." You looked at Snape then at Draco.

"Malfoy may be an exception (Y/n)." Snape said.

"Right. Dad, look-" You tried explaining.

"DAD?! PROFESSOR SNAPE IS YOUR FATHER?!" Draco cut you off.

"Quiet, you idiot!" You scoffed.

"Dad, it's not what it looks like! Malfoy was drunk- and- and-"

"That'll be enough." Snape held up a hand as a sign of stop.

"(Y/n), I believe you when you say nothing happened. Although I won't guarantee.. he trusts you.." Snape continued, hinting.

He was talking about Voldemort.

Draco stared at you in shock, probably still confused.

"I know, dad.. could I maybe stay at Hogwarts for the winter holidays.." You asked, fidgeting with your fingers.

"(Y/n), you know you don't have a choice.."

"Okay, what is going on?!" Draco exclaimed.

You and your father exchanged a look.

"Do we tell him, or let him figure it out himself?" You asked Snape.

"Up to you, really." He replied.

"Malfoy.. allow me to properly introduce myself. I'm (Y/n).. (Y/n) Snape." You held out a hand.

He shook it hesitantly, still shocked.

"(Y/n).. you're a Snape?"

"Not quite. She was adopted." Severus chipped in.

"Dad!" You felt embarrassed.

Draco stared at you, blinking. It was too much for him to handle.

"L-Lets just go Malfoy." You turned around heading to the door. You grabbed Draco by the arm and pulled him with you.

-----

You and Draco were walking in the corridor, heading to the great hall for lunch.

"(L/n)- no, Snape.." Draco corrected.

"Please, (Y/n) is fine. I'm trusting you to keep this a secret M- Draco." You said, still walking with him.

Silence fell upon the two of you. Draco gave you a weird gaze. You raised an eyebrow.

"N-Nothing.. you.. called me by my first name.." Draco replied, looking down.

You gave a small giggle. You realized his cheeks were a bit red.

"Ah and uh.. t-thank you.." he whispered.

"Hm? Going soft on me, Mr. Malfoy?" You teased.

"Psh! As if, (L/n)." He scoffed.

"What are you thanking me for exactly?"

"Last night.. s-sorry I caused you trouble." He lowered his voice, hoping you wouldn't hear.

You smiled and went into the great hall.

-----

"Is that (L/n)?"
"Omg, you're right!"
"What? What's so special about her?"
"Didn't you hear?"
"No?"
"Almost the whole school knows!"
"What is it?? Tell me!"

You cautiously walk to your table, sitting down next to Harry and the others.

Fred and George were staring at you with a grin spread across their face. The trio glanced at you, not knowing what to say.

"Why is everyone looking at me like that?!" You asked.

"S-She doesn't know?" Harry asked.

"Know what, Harry?"

"People are saying you and Malfoy did the dirty last night." Hermione looked at you.

You stretched your eyes wide, looking at the friends in front of you.

"You guys don't believe that, do you?!" You exclaimed, kind of mad.

"Well.. you two did exchange ties.. it's hard to debunk." Ron interrupted.

You turned to the others, and they all nodded in agreement.

Tears started forming in your eyes. You couldn't believe that your best friends didn't trust you.

"I.. I have to go." You left the table, fighting back your emotions.

As Voldemort had always told you, crying is a sign of weakness.

"(Y/n) wait!.." You heard blurry noises of Harry calling for you. You didn't listen and stormed off.

-----

You were running through the hallways, heading to the bathroom where no one would be at this hour.

You were too busy running to look in front of you. You bumped into someone.

"(Y/n)..? What's wrong?" It was Cedric.

You looked him in the eyes, but everything was pixelated as your tears were blurring your vision.

"Hey.. I'm here for you.." He pulled you into a tight hug.

You started sobbing into his chest. Tears started rolling down your cheek. Cedric put his thumb on your neck and slowly stroked it in attempt to comfort you.

"(Y/n)..? That rumor about you and Malfoy.." He suddenly spoke in a soft tone.

You didn't answer. You couldn't answer. You didn't want to answer.

"It's not true right..? I trust whatever you tell me." Cedric pulled away from the hug, looking into your eyes.

You shook your head, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Not sure if this is a bad time then.." He continued.

"(Y/n).. will you.." He started lifting up your chin, forcing you to look him in the eyes.

"Will you be my girlfriend..?"

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -