End 3 (Pt3) - Hourglass Magic

A weak, almost silent knock was planted on the wooden door leading to the white, alcoholic hospital room.

(Y/n) had been sitting in bed ever since she sacrificed herself, and she wasn't able to get out of it for another month or so.

"Come in."

A tall blonde boy walked in the room with his grey-blue eyes staring right at her.

"Well, isn't someone early? Good morning, Draco." She smiled.

The boy's hands were gripped into a tight ball, his palms sweating.

"What's that you're wearing?" (Y/n) questioned.

The platinum haired boy was wearing a white t-shirt, a yellow baseball jacket placed on his shoulders.

"You.. don't recognize it?"

"Sorry, no. It looks good on you, though!" (Y/n) replied with glee.

Draco gave a weak sigh and sat on his usual chair, almost as if it was reserved for him.

He set down a few things on the bedside table and took off the jacket, handing it to the girl.

(Y/n) took ahold of it and examined carefully. There was a "C" imprinted on it, and it was about twice the size of her.

"I don't remember Draco, I'm sorry.. but I assume it's Cedric Diggory's?"

Draco forced a smile upon his face and nodded lightly.

"Maybe this will help?" He asked, picking up a necklace from the bedside table.

(Y/n) stared carefully at the silver, heart-shaped pendant dangling in front of her very eyes.

"(Y).S?" She muttered.

"Recognize it..?"

"Oh! It stands for (Y/n) Snape, doesn't it?" She asked, though not noticing the unease and disappointment on Draco's face.

"Oh.. shoot, I'm sorry." The girl apologized, realizing she hurt the boy even more.

"No.. don't be. Here, have a look at this."

He picked up a book in (f/c), with silver lettering on the front.

"Riddle's Diary." She read. "Draco.. I'm really sorry, but I-"

"No, no. Forget it." He said, giving her the most fake smile she had ever seen from him.

Then, in the corner of her eye, she saw a light flicker.

"Hey.. what's that?" (Y/n) asked, oblivious.

The girl huddled her head towards the last item, which sat down perfectly on the bedside table.

It was a shimmering gold necklace, with a charm at the end.

"Ooh pretty!" She said, picking it up to observe.

The charm was a golden hourglass, with actual sand inside.

The girl started fiddling with the charm as the sand started flowing back and forth.

Meanwhile, the platinum haired boy was staring at the sight of his girlfriend playing with the gift from him.

He smiled slightly, remembering all the good times they used to have.

(Y/n) continued to play with the charm, watching the the sand flow from one side to the other, from left to right.

When she finally had enough, she let the sand flow to one side and held it tightly in her hand, observing the necklace.

The hourglass charm shimmered down in the light, and (Y/n)'s eyes flickered slightly, a spark reappearing in her eyes.

Draco stared at her, and she stared back.

"(Y/n), are you okay..? Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, hesitant.

The girl finally spoke, bringing tears to his grey-blue eyes, now filled with hope.

"Dray..?"

End.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -

Further explanation for the ending :

This was the original ending I planned.

The thought is that what you have just read in the book is the story of (Y/n) Riddle told by Draco Malfoy.

This is also why the book is written in second person. It's what Draco told (Y/n) after she woke up.

Since she forgot everything, Draco had to remind her of her life and told her the whole story(which could be found in Riddle's Diary)in both his and her point of view.

Though, in the end, I choose to keep this ending an open ending.

It's not certain whether or not (Y/n) remembers anything, though she finally called Draco Malfoy by his nickname, 'Dray'. Whether it was false hope or not is mostly up to you and your imagination!

-----

I try to let all (Y/n)'s close friends in the book make an appearance in three endings.
(Meanwhile, since it's Draco x reader, Draco appears in every ending)

Hence, this is The Golden Trio's ending <3

End 1 is Snape's.

End 2 is Cedric and Fred's.

-----

Thank you so much for reading til the end of the book! I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to hearing your feedback and new ideas!

If you haven't already, go check out the two other endings

-xoxo,  Yoshi out!