Chapter 9 - Girlfriend

Draco pov

Filled with emotions, (y/n) and I parted ways at the entrance of the great hall.

"Omg look! (L/n) is with Malfoy!"
"You're right! The rumors are true!"

I didn't know what they were talking about. I quickly glimpsed at (y/n), she looked uncomfortable and hurried to her table.

I went to take my seat and everyone at the Slytherin table started looking at me. I turned to Blaise and he was also looking at me weirdly.

"Okay what's going on?" I asked impatient.

"D-Draco?" It was that blonde Hufflepuff girl from the party.

"Yeah Cassie?" Not sure if that was her name.

"I-It's Cassidy.." I rolled my eyes. God she was annoying.

"Is it true you s-slept with (l/n)?"

I couldn't help but look at (y/n). She seemed to be.. crying? What's Potter doing to her..

"D-Draco? Is it t-true?" That Cassie girl started crying. Sheesh, drama queen.

I didn't reply, I was too busy making sure Potter wasn't hurting (y/n).

"Y-You.. you cheater!" She nearly slapped me across the face, luckily I ducked away or my face would have had an ugly handprint of a brat.

"We were dating?" I questioned. Everyone around me looked speechless. What has this Cassie girl been saying to them- that's when I noticed.

(Y/n).. she stormed off from her friends and headed towards the door. Her eyes were flinching, she looked like she wanted to cry. I immediately got up and followed her.

"(Y/n) wait!" I saw Potter running after her.

"Quiet Potter! I don't know what you did to her, but you're at fault for making her cry." I pushed him to the floor and went out looking for (y/n).

-----

I ran through the corridors and heard sobbing from afar. I turned a corner, hoping to find (y/n). And I did, except..

I turned back behind the corner. I saw Diggory hugging (y/n) and stroking her back. I admit I shouldn't have eavesdropped, but curiosity got the best of me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

No.. no!

I like her! I'm the one who should be comforting her!

I should be the one asking her out! Not stupid Diggory..

-----

You stared at Cedric shocked, wiping your tears with your robe.

"C-Cedric.." you looked him in the eyes.

He avoided making eye contact with you and was blushing in a deep red.

You leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek, making him even more flustered.

"Is that a yes..?" He asked cautious not to show his excitement.

You nodded and wiped the last tear off your face.

The two of you hugged tightly without wanting to let go.

"I promise.. I'll be with you no matter what." He said, squeezing you even tighter.

-----

You returned to the hall with Cedric, he held you tight.

You entered the hall and he took you to your table.

Everyone was looking at you but you didn't mind. You had Cedric with you. He was there to protect you.

You sat down next to Harry and said goodbye to Cedric, leaving a kiss on his face.

Harry looked at you and forced a smile.

"(Y/n).. we're sorry." Harry said.

"Apology accepted." You leaned in for a hug.

"Who was that mate?" Ron asked, leaning closer to you.

"Cedric Diggory, the fifth year, right?" Fred and George said.

You nodded and blushed a little.

"(Y/n) is dating a fifth year!" Fred smirked at George.

"Wicked." They both said in sync.

Soon, your friends were firing questions at you. You suddenly looked at Draco. His eyes seemed.. red? Has he been crying?

He was looking down on his plate, poking his food with a fork.

"Excuse me for a moment." You said and left the table.

-----

Draco pov

God damn it. She said yes.

I left as soon as I could, hoping I wouldn't get caught.

I returned to the hall and that was when I realized some sort of liquid forming from my eyes.

It couldn't be tears. I don't cry.

I quickly dried them off and went back in.

Blaise and Pansy were giving me weird looks. I couldn't bother.

I sat down and grabbed my fork, stabbing my food with it but not eating it.

'This pancake on my plate is Diggory.' I told myself. Stabbing it harder than ever.

I saw Diggory holding (y/n)'s hand and he brought her back to her table. She gave him a slight peck on the cheek before he left.

God damn it. That should've been me.

- × - × - × - × - × - × - × -