6.

It's been a little over a week and although at the moment I don't like Atlas, for the sake of my brother I tolerated him and indulged in conversation with the both of them from time to time.

We've gone to the beach for the majority of the week, soaking up the sun and we also had a small sandcastle contest which Elias won. It had taken us the whole day to build our own castles and of course Atlas cheated by smashing my castle many times.

Atlas and I haven't had any encounters that have left each other flustered and I've made sure to wear the baggiest clothes and to look at him only when he speaks to me.

Although there have been moments where our hands have brushed against each others and we both looked at each other with the same attraction, we shook it off and never talked about it.

Because there is nothing to talk about.

Grabbing the first pair of pants and top I see, I begin to get ready. I told the boys I wanted to cook for them tonight but I needed to grab a few groceries first.

I walk down the stairs but a hand grabs ahold of my arm and pulls me into the laundry room

" What the fuck are you wearing?" Atlas says

" Clothes? "

" I'm coming with you "

Absolutely not.

" I can take care of myself " I say patting his shoulder with a fake smile plastered across my face. I try to move past him but he won't budge one bit. 

" I never said you couldn't , just let me come " he says

That's what she said.

Stop.

" I'll only be gone for thirty minutes , maybe less. I'm going alone , end of conversation"

I push past him before I grab my wallet and keys. I say a quick bye to Eli before I drive to the store and begin to search for the ingredients I need.

I pull out my phone to text Elias and see what he wants for dessert, but a message stops me.

Unknown: Are you cooking for him?

They know I'm here.

I need to get the fuck out of here.

Turning my cart around I make my way towards self check out and quickly pay for the groceries. I head towards my car but a familiar figure stops me as they lean against my car.

" Serena "

" Nate "  I say with disgust.

Once Nate was in our little friend group after awhile of friendship we began to date. Nate also plays football and we met at the party where I had smashed a vodka bottle onto that girls head.