9.

I wake up with a foot in my face and a splitting headache.

I tilt my head up to see Isla sprawled out like a star fish as she lays on the opposite side of the bed.

I move her foot away before I grab ahold of my head as black dots begin to blur my vision.

" Isla "

My throat is dry and raw. I look on my beside table for some water but a mumbling Isla makes me turn back around.

" Lay back down, I'm going to get you some water" she says

I give her an appreciative smile before I lay back down. Isla pulls the curtains closed, making the room dark with the blackout curtains.

The sound of heavy rain sounds throughout the room and it begins to lull me to sleep.

" Serena? "

My eyes open as I see Isla, Jax, Eli, and Atlas.

" Hi " I croak out

Isla brings me a glass of water and I greedily drink from the glass. Isla sits down beside me as the other three look at me as if I will break any second.

They know what happened last night. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out , from their posture and their eyes.

Tears come to the corners of my eyes as I look at Eli and I see him look so... defeated.

" It is not your fault Eli " I whisper.

" It is, I couldn't protect you when you needed me the most. " he says looking down with shame.

I try to speak again, but it hurts to badly to do so.

" I am so sorry Serena , he made us all believe he respected that you didn't feel the same way but I should've known better. " Jax says

Atlas looks at me with concern and I gesture for the three to come over. I sit up before I pull them all in for a hug , Isla included.

Elias's phone rings , and he pulls away before declining it.

" She can wait " he whispers.

She?

What did I miss?

" Today we can do whatever you want , you name it. " Eli says looking at me.

I look down at his phone before I look back at him.

" I want to stay in bed for today, so if you need to go-"

" No! Im not leaving you. I won't. " he says

" I'll stay. " Atlas says

We all look at Atlas.

It takes a moment, but Elias nods his head before going to his bathroom to get ready. Isla and Jax pull me in for another hug before they hesitantly leave, going home.

I look at him with guilt that he has to spend his day with me.

" I want to "

He then asks if he can use my shower real quick and it's only then that I notice his tired eyes that have been rubbed one to many times.

" You didn't sleep last night? " I manage out

He shakes his head no.

" Jax and I stayed up cleaning the house. I'll be back. " he says before I can argue.

I take another long sip of water before I lay back down, listening to the heavy rain.