His POV

" Serena? "

Serena's eyes go from desire and happiness to absolute dread. She doesn't look at the man that is calling out to her, instead she looks into my eyes and holds onto me tightly as if to ground herself.

I give her a reassuring smile, even though I have no clue what is going on. Her grip slightly loosens , letting me pull her close into a hug.

" Serena , is that you? "

I turn my head around to see a man stumbling towards us. I assume he's coming from the crowd around the bonfire since he has a beer bottle in his hand.

Whoever he is, Serena doesn't feel safe around him.

" It's okay darling , I'm right here and you're safe. " I say while kissing her head.

" Wrong person. " I say.

" Please you think I wouldn't recognize my ex?" he says

That's a bit.. never mind.

I gently cup Serena's face and give her nose a kiss. She doesn't look up as I try to see her face, instead I see tears wetting her lashes.

" I'll make him leave, don't worry" I say quietly.

She nods her head and I turn around , placing her behind me. I place my hands behind my back and I feel her small hands grab onto mine.

I look down at the drunk man.

" Like I said, wrong person. "

The drunken daze has now disappeared and has been replaced with anger. He balls his fist and with the other, he grips onto the beer bottle.

Pointing the bottle at me, he tries to look behind me and at Serena.

" He only wants to have sex with you Serena, just like I did. I remember that night, how you cried-"

I pull my hands away from Serena before I tackle him to the ground. The bottle flies out of his hand as he gasps for air. I punch him square in the face and I smile as I feel a crack, breaking his nose.

The small waves crash over him but that's not enough. I drag him deeper into the water by the collar of his shirt, enjoying the sound of him gasping for air. He scratches at my face, arms, anything he can to try to get me to let go but I don't.

That was until a small hand touches my shoulder.

I release him half unconscious as I look at Serena. She shakes her head no, and I feel ashamed of myself. I shouldn't of snapped in front of her like that.

I turn around , looking at him one last time.

" If I ever see you again , I'll do more than break your fucking nose."

I wash my hands off with the salty water, and it fucking stings. But , I don't want to taint Serena's beautiful hands with blood.

I grab ahold of her hand and we begin to walk back towards the car. Serena sniffles slightly and a thought comes into my mind.

" How about when we get home we get into some comfy pajamas and watch some movies? Princess and the Frog?" I ask her gently.

She nods and I give her forehead a quick kiss before walking back to the car. As I shut her door, I walk towards the drivers side window. I tell Jeremy about the encounter and that we're going to head home for the night.

On the way home, she has fallen asleep. I run my fingers through her hair as we pull into the driveway and I get out before I pick her up bridal style.