22.

After a few days of soaking up the sun at the beach during the day and regrouping, I am packed up and ready to head back to the penthouse.

I've had enough time to process and think about everything and I need to talk to Atlas.

I pull on an outfit and throw my hair up before walking out of the hotel and I begin the drive home.

A few hours and lots of doubt later I am in the elevator

A few hours and lots of doubt later I am in the elevator. I begin to wonder about Atlas. Did he find his fathers note? Did he not come back?

I know I am not pathetic by any means or a liar. His words hurt of course but no one determines my self worth.

I open the door and I am greeted by the sweet smell of cooking.

Vera.

" Smells wonderful " I say scaring her.

" Christ! You scared the fucking shit out of me Serena."  She says pointing a spatula at me.

A small smile settles on my face and she smiles back before embracing me in a hug.

" How are you love? "

" I'm better , thank you "

" He came back after you left, and since then he hasn't left the room"

I take a deep breath before heading up the stairs and into the bedroom. It's very dark as I enter and I almost run into the dresser as I try to find a light of some sort.

" Serena? "

Atlas's voice sounds raspy as if he'd just woken up from a nap. I place the bags down and he turns on a lamp , illuminating his tired face.

" Hi " I say.

" Listen about the other day-"

I interrupt him " No , I just wanted to know where we would stand when you would go back for your senior year. But you'd given me nothing but disrespect back which hurt and confused me. If you didn't want to talk about it , then you communicate that with me. "

He opens his mouth to speak but I continue

" I also had no idea of your fathers plans. I don't need his money , or yours. I'm thankful for what you've given me and done for me , but I had no idea of the check until you said something to me. If you would have looked into the envelope more you would of seen that your father tried to bribe me into leaving you. Which I will not accept his check nor will I be leaving you. "

" Now , I understand that you were hurt initially but you didn't trust me. That is what hurt the most. I am no liar , and I am not pathetic. Whether or not you said those words out of anger , you were out of line. I love you , Atlas but if you don't begin to communicate with me and trust me then this will not work. "

After my rant , I take a breath before sitting down on the bed.

" You're right , I'm sorry for being disrespectful and for the words I said to you. I never should have , and I regret them deeply. I love you so much Serena and I promise we will be okay. " he says with tears glistening in his eyes.