20.

After landing around 7:30 AM , we hailed a cab and grabbed breakfast before heading towards his moms. I was worried it would be to early , but Atlas told me that she's up around this time to get ready and head to her shop.

We thank the cab driver as we reach his moms house and pay him before getting out. We grab our luggage and head towards the door before Atlas knocks.

" One moment! " I hear a feminine voice yell.

We wait a few seconds before the door opens and I hear a loud gasp.

" My baby! Oh my goodness "

Atlas is so tall that I cannot see her. She wraps her arms around him and he embraces her in a hug. This warms my heart seeing the two reunite and seeing just how much Atlas loves his mom.

" Mom , this is Serena " he says after a moment.

She pushes him out of the way slightly before I see her. She's about 5'4 give or take and has long curly dirty blonde hair , with greenish blue eyes.

" Oh my! You are breathtaking! It's nice to finally meet you. My name is Marie.  " she says hugging me.

I quickly embrace her before she pulls away and tells us to come inside. 

" This is such a wonderful surprise! " she says hugging Atlas again.

I look around and I see lots of photos of what I assume is family around and I see lots of Atlas growing up.

Marie shows me around as Atlas places out bags in the guest room and soon enough we are sitting around her kitchen island eating our breakfast.

" Atlas has told me so much about you! " she says.

" He's told me lots about you to! How's the jewelry shop? "

" Oh it's wonderful , we will have to stop by there today! " she says sipping her freshly brewed coffee.

" Now enough about me , what about the two of you? " she says with a smile.

We talk and laugh through breakfast and soon enough we are headed towards her jewelry shop.

I'm in awe as I look around the small but luxe store and she points out different pieces showing them to me. I learn that Marie is very passionate about this store , and that she built it from the ground up. The employees here are very polite as well , and they know just as much about what they're selling.

As we are looking at a beautiful pearl necklace , the door opens and in walks two men dressed in expensive suits.

" Mrs. Pierce , Mr. Pierce has requested your presence at The Grille at 5:00 PM sharp. " one says holding out a card.

" Hello Riley! Hi Jean , please tell him I am quite busy at the moment "

" He said it's of utter importance , ma'am "

" Right then , I'll be there " she says with a small smile before taking the card and placing it in her purse.

The two nod before leaving and she turns towards us , letting out a deep breath.

" Mom , you don't have to go " Atlas says worriedly.

" I know , but Riley said that it was important " she says shrugging it off.

" Then we will go with you " he replies.

Marie nods before we continue looking around her store and making sure everything was running smoothly. Marie suggested walking the streets of New York so Atlas and I could grab a dress and a nice dress shirt for tonight.