21.

We arrived home from New York yesterday and I already miss Marie. We exchanged numbers before the flight and tears were shed as we all said goodbye.

As I flick through dresses I begin to think more about our trip and how much of a major milestone it was for Atlas and I. Meeting his mother was really important for me , and even though he cannot meet mine I know they approve of him.

" So I have something to tell you " Vera says

I look at her and I see she's looking at me nervously.

" Elias asked me to move in with him and Atlas. They have a house together near campus and I said yes " she says rather quickly. 

I look at her with wide eyes before embracing her in a hug.

" That's great! " I say meaning every word. 

As we hug I begin to feel a bit of doubt about Atlas and I's relationship, but quickly push that away to celebrate Vera and her relationship.

Vera pulls away before looking at me with uncertainty.

" He hasn't asked you , has he? "

" No , I'm sure he'd like to talk about it first since I have the penthouse down here and my modeling career is mainly based here " I say.

Vera looks at me before quickly changing the subject.

" You have to try this on! " she says grabbing the dress I was looking at.

I run my fingers over the sage green dress as I admire how it hugs my body. Vera insists I buy it and I finally give in after much persuasion.

Later on we are back at the penthouse and I see Atlas sitting on the couch with Eli playing some game.

" Hey can we talk? " I say coming up to him and giving him a kiss. He nods quickly before placing the controller down and standing up.

We go upstairs to our room and I quietly close the door. Atlas swoops me in for a loving kiss before pulling away and looking at me.

" What's going to happen when you have to go back to college? " I say rather quickly.

He looks taken back by what I say and we sit in silence for a moment. I start to fiddle with my fingers as I see his mood change drastically.

" How am I supposed to know?" he says shrugging. 

" Can we talk about it? " I ask with a smile. 

" We could do long distance or you move " he says now looking at his phone.

Well this isn't how I hoped this conversation would go , he's acting disrespectful for some odd reason?

" I am not sure how moving would work with my career being based here- " I

" Okay then long distance  " he says shrugging before turning around and heading into the bathroom.

" Baby? When you get out can we have a proper conversation about this? So we could express how we feel about each option and see what we can do?" I say trailing after him.

I hear nothing but the shower turn on so I knock.

" Love? I could call around and maybe see if its possible for me to move so we don't-"

" For fucks sake Serena! I don't care" he shouts.

I back away from the door and I hear footsteps before I see Elias and Vera.

" Is everything okay? " Eli says with eyes of concern.

I push past them and I grab my keys, heading out. Tears fall down my face as I drive and I begin feeling my heart beat quicken and my hands shake , so I drive a bit faster.