one

Amity Blight, top student at Hexside. She studies more than she goes out with her friends, but that doesn't bother her. She prefers getting a good job over getting high and wasted with Boscha, Skara, their friends and boyfriends.

She was hunched over her desk studying science. Her head ached and her back made her feel like she was in her mid 50's, her eyes were beginning to close on their own. She needed coffee.

And she was going to get it. Amity stood up from her wooden chair, stretching her back with a groan. She rubbed her eyes and yawned a few times before walking over to her vanity. She didn't bother with makeup, seeing it was around 2am, Amity didn't think anyone would be out at a coffee shop. She hadn't ever gone to get coffee this late, hell she didn't even know if the place she always goes to is open at this hour.

She put her long, teal, hair up in a high ponytail instead of her usual half-up half-down look. She looked at herself in the mirror for a few before sighing and getting up, grabbing her bag and her keys. She opened the door to her dorm and locked it behind her, checking it twice before she was sure.

She saw someone else leave from the dorm opposite hers, she couldn't see who since the only source of light she had was from her phone and she didn't want to point her phone at the person just to see who they are.

The person didn't stop to look at Amity, Amity didn't even think they saw her at all. Not that it bothered her, she's happy there was no interaction between them, she's too tired and needs coffee as soon as possible.

Amity rushed out of the building as quietly as possible, she couldn't let anyone see her. It was past lights out. Adding on that her parents would get a call to be notified that Amity was out at 2am. That for sure wouldn't end well. Hell, she was 18. Why wasn't she allowed to do what she wants yet? She was an adult. Most people got told that once they turn 18 their life turns around, usually for the better, but that wasn't the case for Amity. On her 18th and forward, her parents became even more over-protective.

So she got a new phone, new number, just so they couldn't call her every fucking night.

She got into her car. It was a silver Mercedes Benz. Her parents bought it for her when she turned 16. She unlocked it and quickly got in, wishing she had brought a jacket to cover her bare arms. She was wearing a pink and white cropped shirt which read "Hexside" in pink print, as well as a short pleated skirt. It was the middle of November in the middle of the night, and it was cold inside the car.

She quickly turned the heating up and started up the car. Amity was a confident driver, so there wasn't anything she was worried about apart from getting caught when she returns to the dorms, but she never did get caught before that.

But she never did go out at 2am before that, either, but the adrenaline of going out so late and not being allowed to makes up for it. She drove out of the school's property, and out into town.

She overheard a group of girls talking earlier about a new coffee shop that had opened not too long ago in bonesborough, called "The Owl House", apparently near the night market, when she was passing by them to get to her next class.

So that's where Amity headed, maybe it'd still be open.

She drove around bonesborough for awhile to see if she could spot the café, and just as she was about to give up, a few lights caught her eye. Amity got out of the car and walked towards them.

There, on a board was written "The Owl House" in lit-up letters. She sighed, relieved that it was open and that she'd get her coffee soon.

Amity entered, a small bell ringing as soon as she opened the door. It was quite a cozy atmosphere, it reminded Amity of a home. The smell of coffee and baked goods took over Amity's senses, and she sat down, waiting to be served.