twenty-three

Maia's eyes widened, as did Willow's.

"What? How do you know?" Willow asked, taking her phone out of Amity's hands and re-reading the text to see if she had missed something.

"Be real, Willow. When has Luz ever called you that nickname? She always calls you Willz, and who called you Wilo the one time you saw her?" Amity raised an eyebrow.

Willow's expression dropped. "Valentina."

Maia gasped. "So that means she's taken Luz's phone now! Luz probably went to the bathroom and left her phone meaning Valentina took it and she's probably looking through it right now!"

Amity narrowed her eyes and took her phone. "Let me try something." She unlocked it and moved in closer so the girls could see what she was doing. She clicked on Luz's contact and texted her 'hey'.

unfortunately, your message could not be delivered.

"She blocked me!" Amity hissed, shutting her phone off and throwing it to the end of the bed.

"Ooh, this isn't looking good!" Maia panicked. "What're you gonna do? Just keep communicating through Willow's phone? She's only here for a few weeks! How're you gonna keep in touch with her during these next 4 or so months, Amity?"

Amity bit the inside of her cheek. "You're right.. I'll need to find a different way, maybe Luz will try to text me by herself later today and realise that my number's blocked.. I'm just gonna hope so."

"Anyway, when are you actually planning on telling Luz how you feel?" Willow crossed her arms.

Amity's eyes widened and her cheeks gradually turned a pink color. "Ah.. W-Well, obviously I can't tell her snytime soon!" She chuckled nervously. "Since she's going out with Val.."

Maia rolled her eyes and grinned. "Yeah, and it's literally clear as day that she doesn't love Valentina, she loves you instead~."

Willow snickered while Amity hit Maia and told her to shut up.

-

Luz returned to the bathroom only to find her phone in a different postiton than she left it in. She narrowed her eyes then looked at Valentina. "You didn't use my phone, did you?"

"No, of course not." Valentina whispered, not taking her eyes off of the movie. "I don't even know your password anyway."

"Mhm.." Luz slowly nodded, not believing a word she was saying. "So, is the movie good?" She asked, trying her best to change the subject since it would've gotten awkward.

Valentina shrugged. "Yeah, it's quite good. But Cam hyped it up way too much.. they said it was amazing but it's just.. good."

"Oh, fair enough.. I told you the Terrifier was bad." She chuckled quietly.

"I didn't expect this.." Valentina sighed. "Should've stayed home." She mumbled, crossing her arms and furrowing her eyebrows.

Luz rolled her eyes olayfully. "Surely it's not that bad. C'mon, maybe it'll get better as you keep watching."

Valentina took hold of Luz's arm, cuddling herself into it. "Mm, okay. I love you so much."

"Yeah." Luz's expression saddened and she was thankful Valentina couldn't see it. "I love you too."

-

The movie ended and Luz took Valentina out to dinner and then back to Hexside and walked Valentina to her dorm.

"Goodnight, I love you." She kissed Luz's cheek and closed her door.

Luz walked away, back into her own dorm. She got changed into nightwear and plopped onto her bed to scroll on her phone.

She decided she'd text Amity, but then she noticed something was off. 'why do I have her blocked?' Then she remembered when she came back from the bathroom and her phone was in a different position.

Valentina must've taken it and blocked Amity.

Luz panicked and unblocked Amity in a hurry.

amity

im so sorry i swear i didnt block u ams

no its okay
was it val?

i think so
i dont know
we were watching a movie and then i went to the bathroom and left my phone but when i came back it was in a different position than i had left it in
so it probably was her
im really mad and im really sorry
i hope u werent mad at me

well
i was mad a little bit when i first noticed u had blocked me
but then i thought about it and realised you wouldnt do something like that without a reason and without a waring
yknow?
did u try talking to val about it yet or

nope
i thought that maybe i could talk about it tonight but i remembered she wasnt sleeping over so the last time i got to talk to her was in the car and that wouldve been awkward seeing as i agreed to walking her back to her own dorm afterwards

oh
okay
so she stays the night a lot then huh?

yeah
but same with maia righy?
most of the time when we text shes always over at the twins place
u guys got close really quickly
but
im happy u found a friend to spend time with while youre away from hexside

ah
about that,,
shes coming back to hexside with me
and we thought we could all go to hoco together
as in
me, maia, you, val, willow and boscha
how about it?
i thought it sounded like fun

yeah, it sounds fun
honestly im down
problem will be getting val to go but i'll figure it out
so where maia gonna be staying?

our dorm
in my room so she doesnt bother u or anything

ohh okay
thats cool

i think im gonna head off to sleep
goodnight luz sleep well

goodnight ams sleepwell too
i'll text u tomorrow
miss u

miss u too</3

Luz set down her phone and sighed. She missed Amity so much, but she knew there was nothing she could do about it until Amity came back.

But just as she was about to go to sleep, Luz realised she forgot something.

She quickly picked her phone back up and clicked Amity's contact, clearing their chat so that whenever Valentina looked through her phone again she wouldn't get angry over Luz and Amity texting, and just so she didn't get suspicious at all, Luz texted Amity 'i need to block u, just incase val looks thru my phone again'. And deleted the message for her, blocking Amity again.

Naturally, she felt terrible and she wished she could just keep freely texting Amity.

But she couldn't as long as her and Valentina were dating.

-

a/n- originally this chap was supposed to come out tomorrow night since my head was empty but i decided to keep up on the consistent updating and just push myself to finish it tonight WHICH I REGRET just a little bit. I have school in the morning and its js about to hit 1am, i will be w literal zombie added onto the fact i have double pe first two periods tmmr

how fun!!

anyway
yeah
i think in the next two or three chapters amity will finally come back to hexside to see luz & co

(also i was thinking of doing something along the lines of updating every two days on weekdays and every day on weekends or holiday but i still dont know,,)