twenty-five

1 more month until Amity went back home, along with Maia of course.

And home coming was a week after her return, therefore her and Maia decided to go dress shopping before they returned to Hexside just to save them the stress of rushing to find something a week before home coming.

They were going today to find something, but Amity can't seem to focus on anything except the fact that Luz hasn't spoken to her ever since she went off at Valentina, and that bothered her greatly.

Amity felt the bed tilt to the other side for a second while Maia sat down next to her, then re-balance.

Maia frowned at Amity and took her hand. "Are you okay? You seem so out of it, and as your best friend I believe that I have the right to worry." She smiled sadly.

"Ah.." Amity sighed, pushing back her hair with her free hand. "I don't know, Maia. I'm just worried."

"About Luz, huh?" Maia leaned against Amity's side and closed her eyes. "I'm sure she's fine. I don't think Valentina would go that far, considering she said she loves Luz."

Amity bit the inside of her cheek. "Maybe you're right. Hopefully you're right.."

Maia stood up, taking both of Amity's hands and grinning wide. "That's why we're going out today! To take your mind off of these stressful thoughts. Yeah? C'mon, we'll miss the bus!"

"Okay." Amity smiled back sheepishly, letting Maia pull her up off of the bed, then they both ran downstairs, out the door and to the bus stop.

-

The two got off the bus, walking into the mall. Maia swung her purse over her shoulder and navigated Amity to what she thought were the best dress stores.

"What color do you want?" She asked Amity, looking through the dresses on the racks.

Amity hummed. "Mm, I was just thinking of going for black. I don't want anything too colorful, y'know?"

Maia nodded then smiled after a minute, trying to get a dress off of the rack. "Well then, I think I found just the thing for you!" She revealed a sparkly black dress with long sleeves and a low v-cut.

Amity took the dress from Maia and looked at it. "It's actually really pretty. I think I'll go try it on, you coming or staying and looking for a dress for yourself?" She asked, turning to go to the changing rooms.

"Obviously I'm coming! I need to see it on you." Maia skipped behind her into the changing rooms.

She stood in front of the curtain that Amity was getting changed behind. "Almost done?"

"Almost.."

After another minute of so, Amity came out, smoothing down the bottom of the dress with her hands and turning sround 360. "What do you think?"

Maia gasped and out her hands over her mouth and Amity chuckled at her over reacting. "It's like that dress was made for you! I'll be so mad if you don't get that, it's absolutely perfect, Mity! Oh my goodness, you're so pretty!" She raised herself up and down on her tiptoes.

Amity's face blushed pink while she grinned sheepishly. "Stop.. thank you, though. Does it seriously look that good? I think it just fits me like any other dress."

"Have you actually seen it in the mirror?" Maia deadpanned.

"Yeah, for a second before I went out to show you."

Maia pulled out her phone and quickly snapped a picture of Amity while she wasn't paying attention because she was again fiddling with the hem of the skirt.