thirty-two

"It's so boring here," Amity groaned, trying to slam her head on the table she was sitting at, but Luz put her hand under Amity's forehead before it made contact with the table.

She chuckled. "I know, it's not that great, is it?" She lifted Amity's head up with her two hands and made her look at Valentina and Maia. "Atleast they look like they're having fun."

Amity raised an eyebrow. "Maia looks like she literally wants to fucking bury her alive." She shrugged, getting off of the chair. "Y'know what, I think I'll go distract Maia before she does anything.. stupid."

Luz nodded. "Probably for the best." She got off of her chair and turned her body toward the door. "I need to go to the bathroom, anyway. Meet you back here?"

"Yup." Amity nodded and watched Luz walk off, then she made her way toward Maia and Valentina, who were glaring at each other.

"Hey," She swung an arm around Maia's shoulder. "What's up?"

Valentina rolled her eyes, trying to be discreet with it. "Nothing much, really. Just forming a new friendship." She forced a grin.

Maia's eyes widened and she scoffed. "Oh, as if! You bitch. You were literally threatening me and Amity, behind her back too! Please spare your sweet talk, because I swear it's not working on anyone." She lowered her voice to a whisper and said "everyone except Luz, clearly."

Amity elbowed her and moved her out of the way carefully. "Look, Val. Maia and I aren't here to start a fight with you or anything, but if you're gonna be a bitch to us, then just don't talk to us at all. You'll only have to deal with us when Luz is around, because you wouldn't want her knowing how you're acting towards her friends, would you?" She smirked, moving her face closer to Valentina's.

Valentina scoffed and turned on her heel, walking towards other people in the hall.

"Oh." Maia blinked. "It's that easy, huh."

"Guess so." Amity shrugged. "Although, it's obvious she won't let it go just like that." She turned around and began walking to the door. "C'mon, I'm supposed to meet Luz again over there."

Maia followed Amity and they waited.

And they waited.

Until it had been 10 minutes of waiting and Amity was fed up.

"Okay, I'm gonna go check in on her, you just stay here and if anything, come find me in the bathroom. Okay?" Amity took her phone out to check the time, then put it back into her purse.

Maia nodded. "Okay! See you soon."

-

"Luz?" Amity opened the bathroom door, and the first thing she saw was Luz hunched over the sink, her arms had a tight grip on either side and her head was down so Amity couldn't see her face.

Her head jerked up and her eyes widened. "Ams." She let go of the sink and turned around to stand with her back leaning against it. "Hey."

Amity walked to the sink next to Luz's and leaned against it in the same way. "Why were you in here for so long? Something happened? You know you can talk to me about it."

Luz chuckled. "I'm fine. Just.. thinking."

"What about?"

She shook her head. "Doesn't matter. Besides, I don't think I told you yet, but honestly you look absolutely gorgeous, I'm glad you decided to come after all, even if you weren't my date." Luz chuckled quietly.

Amity's heart and head began pounding and she knew her face was bright red. She wanted to say something but the words got stuck in her throat.

So there was silence for a few seconds.