twenty-four

Amity lay awake in her bed and turned her head to see Maia sleeping next to her and Willow next to Maia. Surprisingly they all fit on the one bed, thanks to Edric and Emira preparing a big bed for Amity. She turned her head to look back up at the ceiling.

She couldn't sleep. Not when she knew what was going on with Luz and Valentina, because Luz was in a relationship she didn't want to be in snd that frustrated Amity greatly.

Luz is her best friend, she doesn't deserve to be in a situation like that. Amity promised herself that she would do whatever it took to help Luz and make her happy again.

Even if she meant she got hurt.

No one really knew what Valentina was capable of.

No one except for Luz, and Amity knew that. And Amity also knew rhat Luz wouldn't tell her what Valentina could do no matter how much she begged or pleaded. Amity sighed and pressed her palms into her eyes.

Amity felt Maia stir in her sleep, groaning quietly. "Mity? Are you awake?" She lifted her head up slightly and Amity removed her hands from her eyes, dropping them to her side.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She asked, running a hand through her hair. "Go back to sleep, okay?"

Maia shook her head. "No, it's fine. You didn't wake me, I just woke up randomly. You go to sleep too, okay?" She whispered and dropped her head back onto her pillow.

"Yep. Goodnight, Maia." Amity turned on her side, facing away from Maia.

"Mm, goodnight, Mity." She heard her mumble.

Amity waited a few minutes, listening to Maia's breathing to make sure she's asleep so she wouldn't tell Amity off for still being awake before taking her phone and texting Valentina.

val

i dont know what it is youre doing
but i swear i'll find out
could u call me later this afternoon?
thanks.

She watched as the 'read' text popped up under her text and then followed by Valentina's typing bubble.

what it is im doing?
im not doing anything amity
but sure
we can call later
goodnight

Amity had to hold back from scoffing. 'Not doing anything'? That was such bullshit. She was doing everything and she knew it.

goodnight

read 4:36AM

She sighed, putting her phone back down on the nightstand and going up to go to the bathroom.

Amity splashed her face with water to get herself to snap out of it. She couldn't be cruel to Valentina right away, because that could potentially put both Luz and Amity at risk.

But she didn't know how much longer she could hold it in for.

Amity looked at herself in the mirror one more time before grabbing her white face towel and patting her face dry, putting the towel on the radiator to dry once she had finished.

She walked back into her room and layed down, pulling up the covers and closing her eyes in an attempt to fall asleep.

-

"Ams," Willow gently shook her to wake her up. "It's 12:30. Do you still wanna sleep?"

Amity slowly opened her eyes and sat up, groaning. "Mm, no. Sorry I slept in so late, I couldn't seem to get to sleep last night.."

Maia smiled, shaking her head. "Don't apologise for something like that, it's not like we're angry. Sleeping in isn't a crime! We only woke you up because we got bored.." She grinned sheepishly and Willow chuckled.