fifteen

"Hey, Mittens." Emira gently shook her sister.

Amity groaned and rubbed at her eyes, slowly opening them to see Emira sat by the end of the bed. "Hm?"

Emira snickered. "C'mon, wake up. I've decided we'd go shopping today. Just us two!"

"Okay," Amity smiled, "Are you ready?"

"Yep, I am. Just waiting for you. I'll leave so you can get ready!" Emira stood up and waved, leaving the room.

Remembering last nights events, Amity took her phone and decided that ignoring Luz and leaving her on read wasn't the best idea, so she texted back.

noceda

cute

She set her phone back down and got up, making the bed before walking over to her vanity and getting herself ready.

Once she did her makeup, Amity settled on wearing a dark pink dress and sheer tights. She put on a pear necklace that was laying about and brushed through her hair once more before going downstairs to the kitchen where Edric and Emira were.

Emira gasped when Amity walked through the door. "Mittens! You're always just so pretty." She gushed, making Amity chuckle.

"Em's right." Edric nodded, going back to cooking breakfast.

"Where are we going, exactly?" Amity asked, taking a seat at the table.

"There's this huge mall not too far away, I thought we'd take the bus and spend the day there, then we can go out to eat something!" Emira grinned, taking out three cups and pouring juice into them.

"And I'll have a friend come over." Edric proudly announced, plating their breakfast.

-

Amity and Emira got on the bus. Amity insisted to pay but Emira wasn't having it, so she paid instead. They took a seat at the back.

"So, have you texted Luz yet?" Emira asked, careful as to not worry her sister all over again.

"Yeah," she sighed. "I only say something like 'cute' because I didn't wanna be dry, nor did I wanna be over excited like 'oh, wow! Good for you two! Totally the cutest couple ever.' Y'know?" Amity looked over at Emira.

She nodded. "I know."

Amity looked back out the window. "How much longer? I'm actually really excited."

Emira chuckled. "Awh, Mittens. It's only about five more minutes. But I'm warning you, when I said the mall was huge, I meant it. I doubt we'll make it around all of the stores!"

"Really?" Amity whipped her head to look over at Emira. "Back home we didn't really have one! Besides, it was tiny. I can't wait to see this one."

"I'm glad you're this excited, Mittens." Emira messily stroked the top of Amity's hair, making it all staticy and messy.

"Oi!" Amity swatted away Emira's hand and took a small compact mirror put of her purse to fix herself up. "Really, Emira?" She groaned, looking over at Emira and shoving her mirror back in her purse.

Emira giggled and apologised while Amity rolled her eyes.

"Oh, we're here! C'mon Mittens, let's go!" She pulled Amity out of the bus and dragged her over to the mall.

"Holy shit, it really is huge." Amity looked around at the millions of stores around her. "Neat."

"Right? I love it here! However, I don't love the fact that I spend hundreds of snails here." Emira sighed.