seven

Luz woke up the next morning, the first thing she did being grabbing her phone and checking for a text from Amity.

Mhm

Atleast she was okay. Luz sighed relieved, a hand on her chest. She turned her phone off and sat up, stretching in the process.

Maybe she'd get to see Amity today and apologize for what she said. Luz hoped that was the case, because she wanted to hang out with Amity again, she wanted to make her laugh and she wanted to see Amity's cheeks turn a pretty shade of red when Luz said something embarrassing even in the slightest. She wanted to hear Amity's voice telling Luz to shut up when she said something stupid.

It hadn't even been a day and Luz already missed Amity to death.

She walked downstairs to grab some food. Eda had prepared pancakes for her, a note next to the table.

hey kid, dont beat yourself up about Blight. meet her later today and explain some stuff. you seem happy around her, im glad - Ed

Luz tried to read what Eda had written in her.. scruffy handwriting, but she'd known Eda for a while. Reading her writing wasn't all that hard. Luz managed.

She sat down, taking the fork and stabbing it into a pancake, cutting a bit off before bringing it up to her lips. Luz stopped before she could put it in her mouth, because something felt off. She just couldn't tell what it was.

After a few seconds of stalling, she shrugged it off and ate the pancake anyway. But it didn't taste as good as it normally did. How could it taste good when all Luz could think of was Amity, and how she'd said too much and upset the Blight?

Luz groaned, setting her fork down. Should she text? Ask to meet up? Everything sounded so stupid. Amity deserved a more thought out apology, not a meet up in the park and the pathetic 'sorry' that Luz would've mumbled out.

But how? How was she supposed to do it? What would impress Amity so much that she'd forgive Luz once and for all?

Maybe Luz could glyph something up for her, or ask Willow to make her a pretty bunch of flowers or something. Maybe she could bake something. She knew Amity liked sweets and cakes, but is that good enough? Luz thought it was too cheesy.

Flowers it is.

She grabbed her phone and quickly got Willow's contact, pressing call and listening to the phone ring, praying she'd answer.

"Luz?"

"Willow!" Luz sighed, relived. "I am so glad you picked up, you don't even know.."

"Why? What's up?"

"Well, I fucked things up with Amity, and i really wanna apologise but I mean- This is Amity Blight.. a simple 'sorry' won't really cut it-"

Willow cut Luz off with a loud laugh. "Won't cut it? You could give her a hair tie and she'd cherish it for the rest of her days!"

Luz simply sat there, not know what to say.

"I'll let you in on a secret," Willow whispered once her laughter died down. "Amity and I went out, a few years ago. But our parents found out and.. well, her mom and dad weren't all that happy, so we had to end it. Amity isn't hard to please."

"Is that so?" Luz hummed, playing with the pancakes on her plate, cutting one up.

"Yep."

"Huh.. okay. But could you still help with the flowers..? I understand you said that she isn't hard to please but I still want her to know i really meant it.." Luz sighed. "I think she hates me."