twenty-two

"Sweetheart, are you ready?" Valentina walked into Luz's bedroom. She was wearing a tight black dress that was just at her thighs, her hair was up in a high ponytail and she was holding a small white bag, Luz could tell she had heavily done her makeup too.

Luz plastered on a smile and forced herself to get up from the bed. "Yeah, I'm ready. Let's go." She took Valentina by the hand and they walked out of Hexside together and into Luz's car.

"So," Valentina started, putting on her seatbelt. "I've noticed you haven't been wearing your beanie lately. It seems like you stopped ever since Amity left. Why don't you wear it anymore? I miss it on you."

"Oh, I don't really know. I just.. stopped, I guess. I'll start wearing it again if you like it." She shrugged, starting up the car and driving out of the parking lot.

"If you wanna wear it then do so, but if you don't like it then don't wear it." Valentina sighed. "Really, Luz.. you're like a child sometimes, always asking people to do things. Do what you want."

'If I did what I wanted to do then we wouldn't have even started dating in the first place.' Luz chuckled. "Sorry."

Valentina didn't say anything after that until they got to the movies.

She got out the car and shut the door behind her, waiting for Luz to get out too.

"C'mon!" Valentina grinned, taking Luz's hand and walking towards the entrance.

Luz regretted everything. She regretted not telling Amity she loved her before she left, she regretted falling for Valentina's tricks and most of all she regretted meeting Valentina in the first place.

"Hello," Valentina walked over to the front. "Could we get two tickets for the next screening of Terrifier 2?" (dont ask.)

Luz spaced out and she wasn't paying attention to anything that was going on around until Valentina shook her arm. "Luz!"

"Hm?" She lifted her head up to look at Valentina. "Sorry, I spaced out a little.. are we going?"

Valentina rolled her eyes. "Of course we're going, don't be silly. We're screen 6." She dragged Luz over to the hallway with all the screens.

"Have you even seen the first movie?" Luz chuckled, holding the popcorn Valentina shoved into her arms.

"No.." She snickered sheepishly. "But it's okay! Cam said that we don't have to watch the first one because they went to see it without seeing the first one and they said they understood pretty much everything.." Valentina shrugged. "But have you seen the first one?"

"Yup."

"Was it good?"

"Nope. It was such a kiddie tale honestly, it was so badly done.. I'm honestly hoping this one will be better because I almost turned the first one off halfway because of how stupid it was." Luz sighed.

"Oh," Valentina's smile dropped. "Well.. let's just hope this one will be better!"

Luz nodded. "If it's not then I'll be pretty pissed since you paid and it'd be a waste of your money.."

Valentina giggled quietly. "Aw, it's fine~." She cuddled into Luz's arm as they entered the screen.

They found their seats and sat down, there were still ads going so Luz took out her phone and began texting Willow.

"Who're you texting?" Valentina mumbled, narrowing her eyes and looking at Luz's phone. "It wouldn't be Amity, would it?"

"Oh, no." Luz chuckled nervously. "It's just Willow. She's going to hoco with Boscha and she wanted my opinion on a dress."