three

It was loud.

Amity felt herself mentally dying the moment she entered the bar. Sure, there weren't that many people, but she still wanted to go home. However, she wouldn't tell Luz. There was no way.

She got dragged to the counter where Luz was already ordering drinks. Amity sighed, looking over at the bartender. "Willow?" her eyes widened.

"Oh, it's you." Willow looked over at Amity with a slight glint of disgust in her eyes, then she turned to Luz. "Luz, why are you hanging out with this.. girl?"

Luz raised an eyebrow. "'This girl' has a name, and it's Amity Blight. And she came by the The Owl House this afternoon while I was on my shift, so I gave her my number since I'd seen her around. What's it to you?" she eyed Willow. "D'ya like her? Cause if you do, then trust me, I'm not interested in her like that."

Amity felt as if someone had just stabbed 100 mini knives through her heart. It's not that she liked Luz or anything, it just sucked she was so straightforward about not feeling anything at all towards Amity. She stopped thinking about it when she heard Willow laugh loudly.

"Me? Liking Amity Blight? Oh, in your dreams. I would rather die than have anything to do with Amity Blight ever again, y'know? Luz, you're a good person." Willow paused. "Most of the time.. I suggest you steer far away from any Blight."

Amity was prepared for Luz to agree with Willow and say she was going to go back to her dorm, but instead, she leaned her chin on the palm of her hand and said, "and I suggest you go and make me what I order otherwise Blight and I will be going to a different bar, okay?"

Willow seemed taken aback by this, Amity couldn't blame her because she was too. "What'd you want?" Luz looked over at Amity who was standing behind her, looking like a lost puppy. She chuckled and motioned to the chair next to her. "And sit down, stupid."

"Oh." Amity sat next to Luz and thought about what she was going to drink. "What are you getting? I'm still not too sure, maybe if I like the sound of what you're getting I'll get it too."

Luz hummed. "Probably just a few shots of vodka. Do you handle alcohol well?"

Amity didn't want to lie. "Well.. I don't drink it often, like at all. So I'm not too sure about my tolerance."

"Pfft," Luz snickered. "I'll get you the cosmopolitan then. It's vodka, cranberry juice and some other fruity shit. Sound good?" she grinned.

"Yeah, sure." Amity nodded, grinning back.

"Hey, Willow? Could you pass down a few shots of vodka and a cosmopolitan? Thanks."

Willow sighed and brought out the drinks after a few minutes. "I won't charge you since you're my friend, and I won't charge you either, Amity, since you're out with Luz. I guess that's only fair."

Amity took her drink. "Oh, thank you, Willow."

Luz started downing the vodka as if it were water. "Noceda.. Maybe slow down? I don't think this is good for you.."

"Ehh.. I'll be fine. I've drank worse." she chuckled, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.

Amity sighed and began sipping on her drink. She could hardly taste the alcohol which was a plus for her. It was slightly sour and bitter, and Amity thought it was probably due to the cranberry juice.

"So, Blight." Luz turned to her, placing another empty shot glass on the table. "Tell me all about you."

"Like what?" Amity traced the rim of her cup with her finger.

Luz shrugged. "Anything. Height, favourite colour, interests.. Anything that would help me get to know you better."

Amity hummed. "I'm around 5'6, and my favourite colours are pink, purple and black, I'm interested in fantasy novels and sleeping - if that even counts." she chuckled. "My parents are assholes, they control me and try to make my life perfect. My siblings are assholes too, but not in the way my parents are. They just pull pranks and shit, they're 20 years old and they're twins. Edric and Emira."