twenty

Luz lay awake in her bed, staring at the ceiling while Valentina slept next to her. She turned her head to look at her girlfriend who was basically curled into a ball.

The urge to shove her off of the bed was huge.

But of course, she had to hold back otherwise Valentina would get agressive again.

She watched as her chest fell and rose with every breath she took. (would've been better if she stopped breathing🥰). Luz made sure she was sleeping before carefully reaching over to her phone and clicking on Amity's contact.

amity

are you sleeping?

Amity hadn't read the message as quickly as she normally would, so Luz just assumed that she was asleep. It was 4am anyway.

Luz couldn't get to sleep. Not when Valentina was next to her. She couldn't seem to feel comfortable around her, unlike with Amity. When she was with Amity she'd managed to fall asleep next to her within seconds, so why was she tossing and turning for hours when it was Valentina sleeping next to her?

She stood up and groaned quietly, walking into the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water.

Just then, Valentina walked into the kitchen holding Luz's phone, displaying Luz's messages.

"Wow, Luz." She stood there, no emotion on her face whatsoever, and she was scaring Luz.

Luz placed the glass down onto the counter and tried to reason with Valentina. "C-C'mon, I didn't-"

She slammed Luz's phone down onto the table. "You fucking liar!" She screamed.

"Please, be quiet. You'll wake everyone in the hallway.." Luz walked over to Valentina and tried to calm her down.

"No, you fucking lied to me! Why, Luz? Don't you love me? You said you loved me!" She cried, clenching her fists.

"I do love you." Luz took one of Valentina's hands into her own, but Valentina quickly snatched it away.

"No you don't. I thought you loved me. I'm too much for you, aren't I? I'm too annoying and you can't handle me, right? You hate me, right? Go on, Luz. Say it. Say you hate me. Tell me how much you wish I were dead, How much you wish we weren't dating. Say it. I know ypu want to.." Valentina placed her hand on Luz's cheek and stroked it with her thumb.

Luz was terrified. There was something off about Valentina's tone and that scared her. It was so plain, nothing more to it.

"No.. I don't hate you. Stop." She mumbled, tilting her head down to look at the floor while her hands shook.

Valentina smiled wide. "Then you'll stay with me forever, right? We'll get married and grow old together, right? You'll love me forever, and only me, right?" She whispered.

And Luz had no choice but to nod.

"That makes me really happy." Valentina took hold of Luz's other hand and gave it a hard squeeze. "I love you too. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together, Luz."

Another nod, because she couldn't manage to muster up anything to say. She was at a complete loss for words, because she knew she couldn't reason with Valentina, and it wouldn't end well if she tried.

She kissed Luz and tiptoed back into their bedroom.

Luz waited to hear the bedroom door close, and when she did she wiped her lips with her sleeve, because Valentina made her feel gross. She downed the glass of water within seconds and took her phone, hesitantly making way back to the bedroom.

-

"Hey, Luz? Can I ask you something?" Valentina turned her head to face Luz with a bright blush tinting her face.

Luz grinned, "of course. What's up?"

Valentina bit her lip before saying "Will you be my girlfriend? I really, really like you, and you've just always helped me out when something's wrong and-"

"Val.. I'm sorry, I like-"

Her eyes widened. "You're sorry? If you were sorry you'd say yes. You hate me, Luz. Don't you? I know how this goes." Valentina's eyes filled with (forced) tears, and Luz began to panic.

"I-I mean, of course I'll be your girlfriend! I'd love to." She took hold of Valentina's hands.

And it was as if Valentina was never upset in the first place, because her happy mood returned miraculously quickly. "I'm really happy." She pulled Luz into a hug.

"Yeah, me too.." She frowned, hugging Valentina back.

-

Luz never wanted this. Valentina wanted it, and she forced Luz into thinking she had wanted it too.

It was all wrong, Luz knew she loved Amity but there she was, dating someone who refused to let her go. It felt wrong, it wasn't fair to Luz or Amity.

All Luz wanted was to be with Amity, to be happy and far far away from Valentina.

But Valentina had her ways of always knowing where Luz was and what she was doing, but Luz still didn't know how she managed to know all that, and she was too scared to ask her incase she lashed out and hurt her again.

She wanted Amity to be awake more than anything, because she always knew how to comfort and calm her down. She always knew what to say to Luz when something had happened and she was panicking, but what she didn't know was that Luz didn't want Valentina. She wanted Amity.

But there was no way she'd tell Anity that, because Valentina would without a doubt find out and that would cause multiple problems for both Luz and Amity, and Luz would rather die than have Amity get hurt because of her.

She needed to keep her safe. It felt like her top priority, but Maia already beat her to it.

No matter how much she tried to, she couldn't bring herself to hate Maia. She should be jealous of how close she is with Amity, she should be mad at her for saying those things to her when they first met, but hearing how happy she makes Amity makes it impossible for Luz to hate her.

Luz always saw her on Amity's penstagram, and she looked so so happy and they always seemed to be doing something fun, and she couldn't help but feel like she was there with them, having fun too.

Valentina had made her delete every photo she had with Amity off of her penstagram because it made Valentina feel 'worried and jealous', when in reality she wanted Luz to just forget about Amity in general by deleting their posts together, deleting Amity's number off of her phone (Luz had ways to get it back), and forbidding Luz to even mention Amity's name around Valentina unless Valentina said it first.

The relationship was taking a huge toll on Luz's mental health, and she didn't know how much longer she could endure it before she did something really, really stupid.

-

a/n- YIKES short chapter AND it's late

IM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT💔

i had zero ideas for this chapter tbh
and im literally half asleep and its 2:31am helpn
so the last few sentences (more like paragraphs) might not make any sense BUT i will go in and correct that when i wake up hehehe

my friend had like
an idea
she said 'make a val hate club gc on discord'
AND IM THINKING ABOUT IT
considering it
i'll talk about it more in the next a/n next chapter🤗