thirty-three

"I can't explain this the way you'd like me to, Val." Luz sighed, walking over to Valentina and taking her hands into her own. "I can't lie to you and say it was an accident, or that I didn't want to kiss her, because that's not fair on you." Her voice trembled.

Valentina's eyes widened, and Luz watched with guilt as her lovers eyes filled with tears and her eyebrows furrowed. "Oh." Was all she could manage to whisper.

"I mean-" Luz chuckled breathlessly. "You deserve so much better than me, Val. What makes me so special to you? I have so many flaws, I can't-"

"You were perfect to me. I tried so hard to keep you with me, Luz. I tried everything to keep you from leaving me for anyone else because for the first time in my life I felt like I had something." She looked over at Amity. "And then you took it from me." She took her hands away from Luz's and chuckled, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her dress.

Amity knew what Valentina was doing to Luz. She knew about her manipulations and whatnot. So why did she feel so bad? Why did she feel like what she's done was the worst possible sin on earth?

Amity opened her mouth to speak, but Maia beat her to it.

"Don't."

Luz looked at Maia and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Don't, Val. You weren't like this before. You tried to keep Luz, and the problem was that you tried too hard. You threatened her. You didn't allow her to even talk to Amity, let alone keep being good friends with her. You know what you've done, and I won't put up with it, because she's Amity's friend, and she's my friend too." She clenched her fists but kept them to her side. "I won't let you do this to her anymore. I won't let you do this to any of us."

Valentina's eyes widened. "Maia-"

"She's right." Amity whispered. "She's so right. You blocked me on Luz's phone when she wasn't looking, you made her delete every penstagram post she had with me, she had to clear our chats after I texted her because she was afraid you'd find out and get angry at her. What kind of relationship is that?" She chuckled sarcastically.

Luz looked down at the ground after Valentina turned her head to look back at her. "I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't stay in a relationship where I'm too scared to end things because I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself, just like you said you would if I left. This isn't healthy, Val. It never was, it never will be."

Valentina shook her head, hot tears falling rapidly down her cheeks, smudging her mascara. "Don't do it, Luz. Please.." she pleaded.

"I only want you to know I did love you, Val. I really did, but not after what happened. Not after what you did and the things you made me think, therefore I can't keep lying and telling you I love you because those are just empty lies." Luz looked Valentina in the eye, holding eye contact. "Even when I did love you, it wasn't only you. I cheated you without even knowing. I loved someone else while loving you, and that was out of my control, but if I could then I'd take it all back."

"So atleast some of it was real?" She mumbled, breaking eye contact with Luz and back into the wall to keep distance. "It wasn't all a lie, right?"

Luz shook her head. "Some of it was real. But I can't lie and say all of it was."

Valentina nodded. "Don't contact me again, please." And turned on her heel, running out of the bathroom.

Luz turned to look at Amity, who's eyes were the size of moons. She looked completely and utterly shocked. "That didn't just happen, did it?"

"It did." Luz nodded, her own eyes filling with tears. "I'm so scared. What if she hurts herself?"

Amity's eyes softened, and she walked towards Luz and hugged her tight. "She won't hurt herself, even if she did, it's not your fault. You couldn't have stayed in that relationship for much longer before you completely lost it." Luz hugged her back, hiding her face on Amity's shoulder.

Maia walked over to the two and put a hand on Luz's shoulder, "Amity's right, y'know. Don't worry about it, if anything happens there are many people who can deal with it. Think about it, you're free from her. You can be friends witb Amity, you can put those posts back up and you won't have to feel paranoid and watched every time you text her." She smiled.

Luz lifted her head and smiled back at Maia. "Thanks a lot, you two. You just being there gave me the confidence I didn't know I could have. I owe you two so much. How could I ever thank you?"

Maia smirked and narrowed her eyes, "Well, you know how you can start off by thanking me, and this'll probably benefit Amity too, but I'll be waiting outside."

Her eyes widened and her cheeks quickly turned red, all while Maia held back her laughter, disappearing behind the door.

Luz put her hands on Amity's shoulders and pushed her away. "Amity.."

Amity noticed the redness on her face and raised an eyebrow. "Is something wrong, Luz? You're redder than usual, that's.. weird."

'Get a grip.' Luz took a deep breath in and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Amity, I really love you but I never knew how to tell you and then when Val came along things got even more complicated so I thought that if I tried to forget about my feelings for you then they'd just go away, but they didn't, they stayed." She paused, opening her eyes and almost taking everything back when she saw the look on Amity's face.

"What?" Amity's eyes were wide and her eyebrows raised, her whole face was flushed pink.

Luz decided to continue, because she'd thought she was too far in to back out. "And eventually they grew stronger and it went from like to love and I didn't know what to do anymore, then I guess I developed feelings for Val and I started going out with her, and I think that was partly to try forgetting about loving you again but it clearly didn't work because I am still madly in love with you. Even if you don't return my feelings I thought I'd tell you because I knew that if I didn't then I'd surely and fully go insane."

Amity snickered for a second, and Luz panicked.

"Luz.." She sighed, smiling. Amity put her hands up Luz's face and pulled her in for a kiss. It was only a quick one but it made Luz's heart beat ten times faster anyway. "Of course I love you too. I love you so much, more than you might think I do. So I'm gonna ask you now, can I be your girlfriend? And I understand if this is a bit too quick for you, because of what happened with Val literally five minutes ago.."

Luz nodded rapidly, putting her hands on Amity's face. "Oh my god, yes. Yes you can." She smiled wider than she ever had before, to the point her cheeks hurt. 'It doesn't matter if I just broke up with Val. I loved Amity since forever, and I'd lost feelings for Val a while ago.'

Amity smiled equally as wide as Luz, and kissed her quickly another few times, giggling in between. "I love you."

"I love you too." Luz grinned. "I'm not gonna lie, I've never felt this way about anyone so this is a little bit scary to me. I've loved people before but definitely not this much." She chuckled nervously.

"Me too, but we'll get through this scary thing together." Amity smiled, putting her hands over Luz's.

Maia burst through the door. "Titan, I got so bored of waiting, I couldn't handle it! What the hell happened? Are you dating now? Yes? No? Maybe? Please!"

Luz snickered. "Take a wild guess, Maia." And Amity smiled sheepishly, both of their faces still red.

Her eyes widened and she began smiling. "Let's fucking go! About time. This was the biggest in real life slow burn I've witnessed, and I wasn't even here for the beginning of it." She walked over to Amity and Luz, hugging them both. "I'm so so happy for you two."

-

a/n- about fucking time bro .

i wrote this chapter really quickly idk how help

its really cringy but
love IS cringy
hey ho🤗

idk if i should bring val back next chap or just let her accept what happened and let her move on hmmmm

i'll think about it later

okay
thats all

byebye i love u 🫶 have a good day/afternoon/night!!! see u next chapter