twenty-one

She was going to do it.

Luz would break up with Valentina.

She had it all planned out perfectly, she thought it through so that Valentina wouldn't explode at her.

The only problem was, Luz didn't know when she'd do it. Should she wait until Amity gets back? Should she do it as fast as possible?

Even though she was confident it would work, there was one thing that still bothered her.

What Valentina said she'd do if Luz ever tried to break up with her. That terrified her and kept her up at night because she just couldn't let it happen.

And all of a sudden all the confidence she had was gone. She couldn't do it anymore, there's no way she could break up with Valentina.

Atleast she couldn't do it alone.

Luz had decided she'd try when Amity came back just so she knew that someone had her back if Valentina really did do what she threatened Luz with.

"Luz?" Valentina walked into the living room where Luz sat on the couch watching a movie.

"Hm?"

Valentina sat down next to Luz and cuddled into her. "Well, I was thinking we go on a date today?" She looked up at her with hopeful eyes. "Please?"

Luz knew that saying no eouldn't do anything, because Valentina would fight her way into getting what she wanted anyway.

So instead she sighed. "Okay, sure. Where to?"

"Mm, the movies? There's apparently a really good movie showing! My friend Cam told me, they went to see it with their friend not too long ago and when I was texting them last night they said the movie was really good and that we should go see it together!" She grinned.

Luz was thankful it was the movies because they didn't have to talk a lot unlike if they went to an amusement park or restaurant.

"Yeah.. okay. Sounds good. What type of movie is it?" Luz asked, not taking her eyes off of the screen.

"A horror movie! You're not scared, are you?~" Valentina sneered.

That only reminded her of the time she went to go see a horror movie with Amity, and how nuch fun they both had.

And that reminded her just how much she missed Amity.

"Okay, horror's fine.."

"Perfect! We'll go tomorrow, is 2PM alright? You're not busy tomorrow with anything else anyway, right?" She asked, taking hold of Luz's hand.

"Yeah, 2PM's good. Looking forward to it.."

"Oh, me too!" She smiled, kissing Luz on the cheek, then resting her head on her chest and watching the movie playing on the television. "I can't wait."
-

"Okay, so. It's 4AM, and you called me over. Mind telling me why? Mity, it's literally 4AM. I should be sleeping!" Maia hissed, sat cross-legged on Amity's bed.

Amity groaned. "Oh, I know! And I'm sorry.. you can just stay the rest of the night here!- but.." Her shoulders slouched and she looked down at her lap.

"But?" Maia raised an eyebrow.

Amity lifted her head up again and looked at Maia with a distressed look on her face. "It's Luz! She's been acting so weird.. she hardly ever texts me and when she does she always has to go really early for some reason!"

Maia hummed. "Well, she could just be busy.. why don't you ask her why she's asking so odd?"

"I did!" She cried. "And she completely changed the subject and pretended as if I never asked in the first place."