twelve

"Are you gonna say bye to Val?" Luz asked, watching Amity pack her stuff.

"I don't know." She mumbled, folding clothes into her suitcase. "I might."

Luz raised an eyebrow. "You haven't spoken to her lately, you're avoiding her.." She counted off of her fingers. "You seem irritated whenever someone brings her up and now you don't wanna say bye? Did she do something to upset you?"

Amity scoffed. "No, of course not. I'm just tired right now, is all." she looked up at Luz through her eyelashes. "Plus, I never said I didn't wanna say bye. I said I didn't know."

Luz shrugged. "Whatever you say, I just think you're acting off."

"Mhm." Amity rolled her eyes slightly, zipping up a suitcase. There were so many things she wanted to say to Luz, like "wait for me, I'll be back before homecoming, so don't go with Val. Go with me instead."

But even if she did say that, Luz would probably reject her offer because she's too kind to cancel on Valentina.

Speaking of, Amity's phone pinnged and she reached into her pocket to check who it was.

val
hey amity!! wanna come help me pick a dress for hoco today? i know its ages away, but im just so excited! do u think luz and i should do a matching theme?

The fucking audacity she had to text Amity that knowing she likes Luz. The fucking audacity she had to call herself Amity's friend.

Now Amity would have the same audacity when she left her on read.

"Why'd you leave her on read?" Luz raised an eyebrow.

"Why'd you peek over and read my texts?" Amity mimicked Luz, raising an eyebrow too.

Luz raised her arms in defense. "Didn't mean to.. sorry." She put her arms back down. "But really, what's up with you? You're acting so odd."

Amity lidded her eyes, taking clothing into another suitcase. "How come?"

"I don't know," Luz sighed. "You're just being really cold and you're just not acting as you usually are. I know something's bothering you, I'm not blind."

"Maybe you are." She shut the suitcase and picked it up, walking out of her room with it and slamming the door shut.

Amity slid down the door, taking her phone out of her pocket and clicking on Valentina's contact.

val

can't, busy

She shut her phone off and sighed, hugging her knees. Why was she like this? Why was it so hard to just tell Luz what was bothering her? Why was she so scared?

Her head whipped up and she pressed her ear against the door when she felt Luz try to get through the door.

"Amity?"

Sighing, she stood up and stood back from the door, refusing to make eye contact with Luz. "Uh.. Boscha told me earlier that Willow and Gus are gonna be at her dorm.. so I think I'm gonna go through to say bye.." Amity hurried out the dorm before Luz got to say anything.

Amity burst into Boscha's door, not bothering to knock. "Boscha!"

Gus, Boscha and Willow all turned their heads to face her.

"Amity." Boscha said, standing up and going to hug her, because she could tell by her face that something had happened. "What's wrong?"

Gus and Willow stood up and walked over, joining them into a group hug.

"You can tell us." Gus smiled at Amity.

"It's Val! She asked Luz to hoco knowing I like her too, and then she texts me asking if I want to go dress shopping with her so she can pick out a dress to wear when she goes with Luz!" She cried, squeezing her friends tight.