V. Hogwarts Express

I skip across the rather empty walkway next to Harry as Hagrid is walking next to us.

"Is that th' time?! Sorry, y/n and Harry I'm gonna have t' leave ye'. Dumbledore will be wanting his... well, he'll want t' see m'. Now, ye' train leaves 'n ten minutes, there's ye' tickets, stick to 'em." Hagrid says as he hands us both a ticket.

I look down at the ticket in confusion.

"Nine and three quarters? There's no such thing..." I mutter as we glance up to see if Hagrid can help but he's already gone.

I sigh exhaustedly as I glare at where the man had been standing just before.

"Just fucking great."

———

I watch boredly as one of the redheads walks through the wall.

Harry's eyes widen as he glances around but nobody seemed to have noticed.

After the two— who seemed to be twins passed through Harry walks up.

"Excuse me!" Harry exclaims as the woman who seemed to be their mother walks towards Harry and me.

"Could you tell me how to...." Harry trails off nervously.

"How to get onto the platform?" the woman asks expectantly as Harry nods.

"Not to worry dear! It's rons first time at Hogwarts as well! Now all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms nine and ten—" she explains as I go to push my cart in and pass through, wanting to get out of the unnecessary human interaction as fast as possible.

I walk over and see a train as well as some other people who I assume to be students walking around.

The train was labeled 'Hogwarts express' on the front as its color scheme was red and black with tints of gold.

*Train!!* Nyx suddenly announces as I laugh in response and pat her head.

I look up at the sign as it reads nine and three quarters.

———

The train ride was dreadfully boring as I sat across from the empty seat which was next to my brother and read a book about some basic dark magic spells I got secretly. Nyx was wrapped around my neck as her head layed on my shoulder, asleep.

"Excuse me? Do you mind? The rest of the compartments are full." The redhead boy from earlier asks as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, go somew—" I was cut off when Harry said yes, making me pout in annoyance.

The boy sat down across from me as I roll my eyes and bring my knees to my chest.

"I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley!" Ron introduced as I stay focused on my book.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter." Harry introduced as I inwardly groan in annoyance.

Great. Just great. Now everyone knows that the 'oh so amazing' potters are on the train!

Ron's jaw drops as he looks at Harry shocked.

"So.. so it's true... do you really have the... the.." he trails off while pointing to his forehead.

"Yes. We both have the scar, I'd be concerned if we didn't." I scowl at the boy as he glares at me.

"I was just curious, no need to be rude." Ron says as I roll my eyes.

A lady with a trolley of candy stops infront of our cart as she looks in at the three of us.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?" She asks as Ron shakes his head.