XLIII. Buckbeak

"You don't think that grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius black, do you?" Draco asks as as Hermione scoffs, walking behind us as we walk down to Hagrids.

"Oh, honestly, Draco! If you ask me, divinations a very woolly discipline. Now, ancient runes, that's a fascinating subject." Hermione hits him on the back of the head playfully as he rolls his eyes.

"Jeez, How many classes are you taking this term?" Draco says as I shake my head at the twos antics.

"Only a few." She replies with a slight grin as Draco suddenly pauses.

"Wait. That's not possible. Ancient runes is in the same time as divination. You would have to be in two classes at once." He relizes as Hermione grins and brushed past him, now walking ahead of us.

"Don't be silly, Draco. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione laughs as I chuckle and run after her, leaving Draco behind as he sighs and runs up to us.

We walk down to Hagrids shack as I Harry and Weasley up at the front.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer! Less talking, if ye' don't mind!" Hagrid announces as she gryffindors shush each other.

"I got a real treat for ye' today. A Great lesson! So 'ollow me!" Hagrid announces as most of the gryffindors nod.

———

We walk to a clearing I. The forest as we step over a stone wall.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there! And open ye' books t' page forty-nine." Hagrid demands as Draco rolls his eyes.

"And how are we supposed to do that, exactly?" Draco scoffs as Hermione sighs disappointedly.

"Well, just stroke th' spine, of course. Goodness me..." Hagrid answers as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Draco strokes the spine of the book as nothing happens, he glares suspiciously at the idiotic teacher as we walk over to where everyone else was heading.

Longbottom tries to open the book as it growls and starts biting at him, causing him to fall over.

"Don't be such a wimp, longbottom."  Draco says as I hit the side of his arm and give him a disapproving glare.

I never had necessarily felt joy in making fun of longbottom, he was the outsider of the gryffindorks, even they didn't like him.

I truly pitied the boy as I pause to look back at him.

"I'm okay! Okay!" He says before the book attacks him again, I quickly grab the book and force it shut as I help longbottom up.

"Sorry about Draco, he didn't mean it..." I apologize to longbottom as he stares in shock at me for a moment before grabbing my hand and standing up.

"It's alright..." he mutters as I give him a playful grin before running back over to Hermione and Draco.

"I think they're funny." Ron says as Harry turns towards him. Draco laughs mockingly at the Weasley.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny! Really witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs!" Draco says as he leans against the stone wall. I sit up against the wall with my legs crossed as I grin at them.

"Wait until my father hears that dumbledores got this oaf teaching classes!" Draco laughs as I roll my eyes with a grin on my lips. Crabbe and goyle, Draco's so called 'bodyguards' laugh along as I finally notice their presence.

"Can't you be quiet for once, malfoy?" Harry remarks as he glares at Draco.

Draco grins as he steps forward, Hermione following with an annoyed sigh as I shake my head.