XLVI. Diadem & A Chat With Lupin

I stand infront of a wall as the diary remains clutched in my hands.

I think of the horcrux— raven claws lost diadem— as a door appears. I quickly open it before closing it behind me, the door disappeared as i glance around the cluttered room.

Tom materialized infront of me as he glances around the room aswell.

"Why did you have to put it in such a cluttered room?" I ask annoyed as he shrugs before disappearing back into the diary.

I groan before I start to try and find the diadem, digging through piles of random stuff.

Eventually, twenty minutes later, I turned around to see it sitting on a table.

I pause before snatching the diadem angrily as I storm out of the room.

"Why must it always be me?!"

———

"Now remember, these visits to hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." Mcgonagall says as I lean against the wall with a bored look against my face.

Apparently, even though I have the permission slip signed, I can't go cause dumblefuck said so!!

"No permission form signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, potter." Mcgonagall says as Harry walks up to her.

"All those with permission, follow me. Those without, stay put." Filch demands as he walks off, the students following him.

"But Professor, I thought if you signed it, then I could go." Harry explains as Mcgonagall gives him an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, it's headmaster dumbledores orders that I can't sign it. Either way, he wants you and your sister to stay in hogwarts for your safety." Mcgonagall apologized as I see weasley grin before walking off.

Draco and Hermione stay behind as potter sighs.

I walk towards them as Harry glances back at me, seemingly just noticing me.

"Sorry y/n." Hermione apologizes as Draco nods.

"I'll get something for you, I promise." Draco says as I nod with a smile.

"It's alright." I say before turning back towards Harry and walking off with Harry.

———

"Professor, can I ask you something?" Harry asks Lupin as Lupin sighs. I trail behind Harry as I have nothing better to do.

"You want to know why I stopped you facing the boggart, yes? I would have thought it'd be obvious. I assumed it would take the shape of lord Voldemort." Lupin says as Harry sighs.

"I did think of that... at first." Harry doesn't elaborate as Lupin sighs.

"You know Harry, y/n, when I first saw the both of you I recognized you immediately. Not by your scars, by your eyes. Harry, both your eyes are the same as lilys while y/n has one of lilys eyes and the other is e/c." Lupin says as he leans against the wood. Me and Harry look at him confused.

"Yes. Oh, yes. I knew her. Your guys mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others. Even, and perhaps most especially, when that person could not see it in themselves." Lupin explains fondly as I look over at the male.

"Well, your guys father, James, on the other hand, he, uh..." he trails off as he chuckles slightly before continuing. "He had a certain, shall we say, talent for trouble. A talent, rumor has it... he passed on to you two."

"You're more like them than you two know. In time, you'll come to see just how much." Lupin mutters as I stare at the castle blankly.