LXXXVII. Training

"Alright, we need to find a place to practice where umbridge won't find out." Harry explains as I walk next to him with hermione. Pansy, neville, and the twins tagged along once we asked them too, and ginny was acting like a leech stuck to Harry as she walked directly behind him.

"The shrieking shack?" Hermione suggests before Harry shakes his head.

"That's too small." Harry denies the idea as I glance over to see ginny trying to link her arms with Harry but failed once he pushed her off.

"Forbidden forest?"

"Not blood likely." George mutters as we continue walking down the corridor.

"Harry, what happens if umbridge does find out?" Ginny wonders as Hermione shrugs.

"Who cares?" Hermione replies boredly as I snicker. "Anyway, atleast I confirmed one thing that came from today."

"What's that?" Harry asks as Hermione grins tauntingly at him.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?" She says before walking ahead of us as Harry facepalms.

———

"All students organizations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled." Umbridge announces over the PA.

I ignore the announcement as I make my way down the familiar corridor.

I stop infront of the wall as I think of what I need, nothing happens for a moment but then a door forms in the wall.

I push the door open as I grin before glancing around at the castle, "Thanks."

A magic similar to the one I felt when I put the ravenclaw ring on flow throughout my body before fading.

———

"You've done it, y/n! You've found the room of requirements!" Hermione exclaims as we walk into the huge room.

"The what?" Ginny mutters as I glance towards her.

"Some people also refer to it as the 'come and go' room. The room of requirements only appears when a person has a real need for it and is always equipped for the seekers needs." Hermione answers a Ginny nods slowly in understanding.

"It's brilliant, it's like hogwarts wants us to fight back." Neville says as I glance towards him before looking forward again.

"Of course she does. Her magic has been so dim since umbridge arrived." I explain as he looks at me in confusion.

"You speak as if she's a person?" Neville mutters as I shrug.

"The castle is sentient." I explain as he looks at me with his eyes wide. I glance around to see everybody seemed either confused or surprised.

"Don't tell me you seriously didn't know?" I mutter with a facepalm.

———

Neville stands infront of the moving statue as he prepares to disarm it.

"Expelliarmus!" He exclaims before his own wand shoots out of his hand and flies backwards, everyone in line having to either duck or move out of the way. It almost hits the kid in the back but he trips to the side causing it to hit the mirror.

"I'm hopeless..." neville mutters as I shake my head.

"You're— You're just flourishing your wand too much." Harry explains as I nod, stepping next to him and raising my wand.

"Try it like this. Expelliarmus!" I correct the boy with a flick of my wand.

The wand flies off to the side as i put my wand back in it holder.

———

"Will you please copy the approved text four times to ensure maximum retention." Umbridge announces as she walks down to the back of the classroom. "There will be no need to talk."

"No need to think is more like it..." Hermione murmurs as I glance over and see neville flicking his wand to practice the movements of Expelliarmus.

"Wands away." Umbridge says as neville looks up at her.

———

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It's sort of a wizards bread and butter, really. So, um, come on, then, Nigel. Give me your best shot." Harry says as the boy faces Harry.

"Stupefy!" Nigel yells as Harry gets hit back, causing nigel to stager back from the force.

I glance at my nigel before walking over to help my brother.

"Good. not bad at all, nigel." Harry mutters as nigel stares at his wand in surprise as he glances between it and Harry.

"Well done." I congratulate the boy as he stays sitting on the ground.

Some walks over to help nigel up as I glance around at the people who haven't gone yet.

"Alright... how about Hermione and Ron up next." I suggest as Hermione nods, walking up to take her stance, Ron doing the same.

"Come on, Ron!"

"Go Hermione!"

"Do it Ron!"

"Kick his ass Hermione!"

Many comments such as those get thrown around as I roll my eyes with a grin.

"One sickle." I hear George whisper to Fred as Fred nods.

"You're on." Fred accepts with a grin.

Ron raises his hand to cast the spell but didn't even get the chance to say anything before Hermione raised her wand a yelled, "stupefy!"

Ron whimpers as he gets hit backwards with a lot more force then when nigel did it as everyone laughs at the boy.

"Thank you." Fred taunts as George scoffs.

"Shut up." George murmurs before glancing at Ron as he approaches the twins.

"I let her do that... it's good manners, isn't it?" Ron defends himself as Fred snickers. Most of the girls stayed in a group, whispering while casting glances at Ron.

"It was completely intentional..."

———

"All students will submit to questioning about suspected illicit activities..." i read the sign as I glare up at it.

———

"Now focus on the fixed point and try again." Harry corrects neville as I walk off, looking around at everyone attempting to cast spells, some succeeding and other not.

"Great job." I say as I stand next to Cho, watching her lift nigel in the air.

"A little bit higher..." Harry mutters as he holds onto Cho's hand and corrects the way she held her wand.

Cho turns towards Harry with a blush as suddenly nigel drops to the floor.

"I'm okay! I'm okay..." he exclaims as he quickly stands up.

———

"Those wishing to join the inquisitorial squad for extra credit may sign up at the high inquisitors office!" Umbridge announces as I glance around.

"Join the inquisitorial squad." I whisper to Draco as he raises an eyebrow.

"Really? You want me to have to spend all my extra time working for that bitch?" He asks as I roll my eyes.

"It would be a great way to sabotage her plans!" I plead as he sighs.

"Fine, whatever." He gives in a i grin at him.

———

"Expelliarmus!" Luna casts at the stone knight as it doesn't do anything.

"Reducto!" Pansy casts as the stone knight explodes.

"Great job!!" I congratulate excitedly as the female grins.