LXVIII. Dementors & Getting Expelled

Harry and I sit on the swings as a woman ushers her child to go home, the roundabout spinning eerily.

I glance over to see dudley and his pathetic friends laughing.

"Hey, big D. Beat up another ten-year-old?" I mock as dudley and his friends pause their conversation, glaring at me.

"This one deserved it." Dudley corrects with a scowl as I roll my eyes.

"Five against one— very brave." Harry taunts the male as dudley sneers.

"Well, you're the one to talk. Crying in your sleep every night. At least I'm not afraid of my pillow." Dudley responds as he and his friends laugh.

"Don't kill them!" Dudley repeats what Harry had said as I scowl at the man.

"I don't know what to do, mum!" Dudley taunts as I glare at the boy.

"Where is your mum? Where is your mum, potters? She dead?" Dudley asks mockingly at my brother. "Is she dead? Is she dead potters?"

I immediately get up, holding my wand to Dudley's neck. His friends laugh as Dudley remains completely still, in fear.

"Dudley you know damn well if you continue this, I won't hesitate to make sure you end the exact same way my parents did, if not worse." I threaten him quietly as the wind picks up around us, Harry runs over to me as Dudley glares.

The clouds become dark as his friends stop laughing. I pause as I back away, glaring at the sky in confusion.

"Uh, Dudley... Dudley... Dudley, let's go on home." Dudley's friends say as Dudley glances around before glaring at me.

"What are you doing?" Dudley questions us as I shrug with a taunting grin.

"We aren't doing anything!" Harry defends us as Dudley's friends run off.

The three of us look up before we all start running. We pant as we run into the old tunnel, covered in graffiti. A buzz rings out from the lights as they flicker.

A familiar feeling overcomes me as I pause, Harry seems to notice to as he glances over his should as the dementor holds Harry by his throat, cutting off his air circulation.

"Dudley, run! I can handle this!" I demand at the boy as I get my wand out, Dudley doesn't hesitate as he starts to run away.

He slips and falls as i scowl, another dementor then flies in as I pause before turning towards Harry.

"Expecto patronum!" I cast as I think of the most recent happy memory I have, the spell was mediocre at best since I didn't have a proper memory but it worked well enough as Harry falls to the ground.

The dementor approaches us again as I go to cast another spell but Harry beat me to it as he yells, "expecto patronum!"

A ball of light flies out as it hits the dementor, forcing it away.

Harry pauses before glancing back and sending the ball of light at the dementor which was attacking Dudley.

Harry and I run towards Dudley to make sure he's alive, We would get a huge beating if he were to die so we can't kill him (unfortunately).

A familiar woman walks over to us as we hurriedly put our wand away.

"Mrs. Figg." Harry mutters as the woman pauses, glancing between Dudley and us.

"Dont put away your wands, potters. They might come back."

———

"Dementors in little whinging? Whatever next? The whole worlds gone topsy-turvy." Figg mutters as Dudley drags the two of us back.

"I don't understand. How'd you know about..." Harry trails off as Figg sighs.

"Dumbledore asked me to keep an eye on you." Figg simply replies as I raise an eyebrow.

If she was meant to watch us, why didn't she say anything about the abuse? I know damn well she has witness us getting beat more than once.

"Dumbledore? You know him?" Harry asks as she nods.

"Uh-huh. After you-know-who was defeated way back when you were babies, did you expect him to let you go unsupervised? Especially with his recent return! Good lord, kids, they told me you were intelligent." The woman laughs as I glare at her.

"Now, get inside and stay there. I expect someone will be in touch soon." Figg explains before whispering to us, "whatever happens, don't leave the house."

She then pushes us off as I sigh, walking into the house.

As we open the door I hear Petunia exclaim, "diddykins! Is that you?"

Harry and I help Dudley walk into the room as Petunia's eyes widen. "Duddy?"

"Vernon, come quick!" Petunia exclaims as Vernon walks into the room, his face shifting into concern as he looks at his son.

"You have to take him to a hospital." Petunia whispers as i laugh slightly.

"Who did this to you, boy?" Vernon asks as Dudley simply whimpers, pointing to us.

"Happy, are we now? Eh? You've finally done it. You've finally driven him loopy!" Vernon says as he stands up, scowling at us.

"Vernon! Don't say that!" Petunia whisper yells as I take out my wand.

"Well, j-just look at him, Petunia! Our boy in gone yumpy!" Vernon whisper yells right back at her before walking towards us.

"I've reached my limit, do you hear? This is the last I'm gonna take of you and your nonsense!" Vernon snaps at us before suddenly, an owl flies in, dropping it on the couch before hitting the ceiling and falling down.

Vernon whimpers in fear the letter starts to shake before shooting up, a face ingraved in the letter. the owl screeches before flying off, it's mission done.

"Dear mr And miss potter... the ministry has received intelligence that at six twenty three this evening, you two performed the patronus charm in the presence of a muggle!" The letter exclaims as i scowl, I knew the ministry was idiotic but not that idiotic.

"As a clear violation of the decree for the reasonable restriction of underage sorcery, you two are hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hoping you are well, mafalda hopkirk." The letter explains before turning back into a normal letter and falling to the ground.

"Justice." Vernon laughs as I roll my eyes.

———

Harry hits the wall as he grunts, he pauses as he glances at the floor where a picture of our parents lay. He kneels down and grabs it as hedwig hoots.

"Sorry, hedwig..." Harry mutters as she hoots with a nod.

That's one intelligent owl...

He sets the painting back on our table as I sigh, sitting next to him.