XCIII. Grawp

We walk in the dimly lit forest as we hear something neigh in the distance.

We pause as a bunch of centaurs ride past us, yelling.

"I've never 'een th' centaurs 'o riled! And they're dangerous 't the best 'f times." Hagrid explains being a sigh as he looks towards us. "Th' ministry restricts their territory much more, they're 'onna have a full uprising on their 'ands."

"Hagrid, what's going on?" Hermione asks sternly as Hagrid glances at us apologetically.

"I'm sorry to be so mysterious, you three. I— I wouldn't b' bothering you 't all with it, but..." Hagrid trails off nervously. "with dumbledore gone... I'll likely be getting the sack any day now. And I just couldn't leave without telling someone about him..."

Loud footsteps them approach us as I glance over at the sound to see a giant standing up.

"Grawp?" Hagrid calls as the giant— grawp— glances around. "Down here, you great buffoon!"

The giant walks towards us as he goes to catch a bird flying over our heads, we quickly duck down as Hagrid gasps.

"Grawp! I brought you some company." Hagrid says to the giant as Grawp grins, starting to run towards us.

Grawp almost gets to us but was stopped by the rope tied around him.

"I couldn't just leave him, because... because he's my brother."

"Merlin..." i mutter as Hagrid glances down at us.

"Well, half-brother, really." Hagrid corrects himself before Grawp tries to walk towards us again. "He's completely harmless, just like I said. Little high-spirited, is all."

Hermione backs away before Grawp grabs her, lifting her into the air.

"Grawp, that is not polite!" Hagrid exclaims as the words fall deaf to the giants ears.

"Hagrid, do something!" Harry yells as Hagrid looks sternly up at the giant.

"We talked about this. You do not grab, do you? That's your new friend, Hermione." Hagrid instructs the giant pauses, looking between Hagrid and Hermione.

"Grawp!" Hermione yells as the giant looks directly at her. "Put me down. Now!"

The giant then puts her back down as the giant sighs, backing away.

"I think you've got an admirer..." Harry mutters as I nod, watching along with Harry as the giant digs through his stuff before grabbing an item.

As he turns towards us and rings the bell, I recognize it as the top of a bicycle.

"He gets his own food and all... it's company he'll be needing when I'm gone." Hagrid explains as Grawp drops down onto the floor with a smile. "You will look after him, won't you? I'm the only family he's got."

The giant repeatedly rings the bell as Harry and I nod slowly.