LVIII. Beauxbatons & Durmstrang

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, is like to make an announcement." Dumbledore says as the door opens and Filch comes running in.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You se, hogwarts has been chosen—" dumbledore stops as Filch runs up to him.

The two whisper as I snicker, Hermione grins slightly from next to me.

"So... hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: the triwizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know... the trieizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete." Dumbledore says with a sparkle in his eyes as I glare suspiciously at the man.

"Now, let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the beauxbatons academy of magic..." dumbledore announces as the doors slam open. "And their headmistress, madame maxime."

The girls walk in as they pause to greet different people along the way. They stop as they reach the end of the tables to bow and let magic butterflies fly out from their capes. They each run off as the, rather tall, headmistress walks down to the front. They end with a bow as the headmistress smiles.

"And now our friend from the north. Please greet the proud sons of durmstrang and their high master, igor karkaroff."

The doors open again as boy walks in, slamming torches down on the ground as they toss it to their other hand. They twirl around the torches before running to the front, doing backflips.

Then, krum walks in along with the high master as whispers erupt throughout the hall. A student blows into fire as a phoenix flies around before fading.

"Albus!" The high master says in an accent and dumbledore nods.

"Igor." Dumbledore greets back as the two of them hug.

———

"Your attention, please!" Dumbledore yells as the hall goes silent, looking at dumbledore. "I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what await the student who wins the triwizard tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three... extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." I hear the twins say as I grin.

"For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the department of international magical cooperation, mr. Bartemius crouch." Dumbledore says as the man walks up to the front.

Suddenly lighting sticks as it starts raining, someone casts a spell as it clears, I glance towards them as I notice it was that one auror — moody — I'm pretty sure his name was.

He glares at the crowd as his gaze lingers on Harry and me before looking back at the headmaster.

"Ah, my dear old friend, thanks for coming." Dumbledore greets as moody rolls his eyes— well, eye.

"Stupid ceiling.." moody mutters as dumbledore chuckles.

Moody walks over to the side as he takes out a bottle and chugs something.

"What's that he's drinking, you suppose?" A Slytherin asks with a grin as i look at the auror in amusement.

"Not sure, but I don't think it's pumpkin juice." I respond with a grin as Draco snickers.

Crouch walks up to the front as moody seems to glare at the man.

"After due consideration, the ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen—" crouch gets interrupted by students yelling before he starts again. "Shall be allowed to put forth their name for the triwizard tournament. This decision is final."

"That's rubbish!" The twins yell as the students start to yell at the man.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells as the hall goes quiet.

Atleast he can control his students...

He points his wand at the statue as it melts away, revealing an empty goblet. A blue fire soon erupts from the goblet as the student stare at it.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the triwizard tournament has begun."