XL. 3rd Year

Students sing as nyx tries to hiss along but was shut up after a little while.

The students finish as the Great hall claps, I look over at them as they walk down the sides of the hall to their house tables.

"Welcome, welcome to another year at hogwarts. Now, i'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast." Dumbledore announces as he steps forward.

"First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of defense against the dark arts teacher. Good luck, Professor." Dumbledore announces as I clap slightly for the teacher as I notice snape roll his eyes.

"Potter. Potter! Is it true you fainted?" Draco asks as I mock him fainting dramatically into Hermiones arms as she snickers.

Draco had normal hair as he stopped using hair gel on it. It was rather fluffy in my opinion but he would probably murder me if he heard me say that

"I mean, you actually fainted?" Draco remarks with a grin as I roll my eyes and look at Harry, he didn't seem to mind all that much as he gave me a small understanding smile which went unnoticed by others.

"shove off malfoy." Ron sneers as he pushes Harry to look away.

"Sooo, got a crush on potter, do ya?" I tease Draco quietly as only me, Hermione, and him can hear.

A red hue covers his face slightly as he scoffs and looks away.

"He totally does." Hermione whispers with a grin as I nod in agreement.

"...care of magical creatures has retired, in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own... rubeus Hagrid!" Dumbledore announces as I scoff slightly, has the old man lost his mind already?

While yes, hagrid does know his creatures, he most definitely won't be a good teacher.

The students and some teachers cheer for him as hagrid stands up, knocking all the silverware on the table over.

After a minute, Minerva pulls hagrid down as he looks over at her, she simply looks forward again.

"On a more disquieting note, at the request of the ministry of magic, hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors if Azkaban until such a time as Sirius black is captured." Dumbeldore proclaims as the students start to whisper to each other.

"The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you." Dumbledore warns as the hall is filled with an eerie silence.

"It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But, you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times... if one only remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore says as he waves his hand and an unlit candle suddenly lights.

———

I walk back to the dormitory as I notice light footsteps rushing after me, I step to the side in order not to block the horde of students as the footsteps continue towards me.

Soon enough, I see a dash of long platinum blonde hair and pink/blue glasses ontop as the person runs towards me.

She walks up to me as I grin at the younger girl who smiles back.

"Y/n, glad I caught up to you." She says as I lean against the wall behind me.

"Nice to see you too, Luna." I greet the younger girl as she smiles at me in a daze.

"Remember that what appears to be your enemy, may not always be so. Hear him out when he asks you too." Luna says with a smile up at me before walking off again.