XLIX. Peter Pettigrew On The Map

I sit next to Harry as we flip through the map. Recently I've been sneaking out to talk with him.

"Spiders..!" Ron gasps as he wakes up, looking around fearfully.

"There..! S.. Spiders.... Spiders." He mutters to himself as he looks at Harry and I.

"Spiders.. they want me to tap dance! I don't want to tap dance..." Ron whimpers as I roll my eyes at the boy. He seemed barely awake to the point he didn't even notice it was me.

"You tell those spiders, Weasley." Harry replies dryly as Ron nods hesitantly.

"Oh, yeah... t-tell them. I'll tell them... I'll tell them tomorrow..." Ron whispers as he lays back down and immediately falls asleep.

"How pathetic..." i mutter as Harry grins slightly before we both look back down at the map.

I look at it boredly as Filch walks down the halls. Harry flips the page as I perk up when I notice the name.

"Peter pettigrew..." I whisper as Harry's eyes widen.

Harry gets up and puts his shoes on, I do the same as we walk out of the gryffindor dorms.

———

"Put that light out!" A painting demands as I roll my eyes as Harry mutters an apology before looking back at the map.

He shines the light infront of us as i peer over his shoulder and see Peter infront of us.

Petter approached us on the map as he walks right past us.

We turn to face the other way as nothing but a mirror stares back at us.

"Fucking coward..." I say as the footsteps stop momentarily before running away.

I look back down at the map to see snape was just around the corner, Harry quickly glances back before hiding the map.

"Nox." Harry mutters as the light goes out, I step closer to him nervously before suddenly a bright light blinds me, I cover my eyes before glaring back at snape who looked suspiciously at the two of us.

"Potters. What are you two doing wandering the corridors at night?" Snape says as he glares at the two of us.

"I was sleepwalking." Harry replies quickly, obviously lying.

"How extraordinarily like your father you are, potter." Snape replies dryly with a glare as I step infront of Harry.

"I have no idea what issues you had with our father but stop taking your anger out on us just because you can't get over something with a dead man." I state as I scowl at the teacher, he seems taken aback as I scoff.

"Just because Harry looks like our father doesn't mean he is. Now if you don't mind, we'll be going now." I say before dragging Harry back to the gryffindor common rooms, leaving a stunned snape behind.

———

I waved to Harry as he smiled at me before shutting the entrance to the gryffindor common rooms.

I grin as I start to skip back to my dorm, only to run into Lupin as I stumble backwards.

"Well, what a surprise! What are you doing out here so late y/n?" He asks as I look up at him blankly before shrugging.

He goes to speak before noticing a familiar map in my hands. He pauses as he stares at me suspiciously before speaking again.

"I would like to talk to you about.. that map..." he says as he grabs the map, I nod slowly as I follow him to his office.

"Now, I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in your possession, but quite frankly, I am astounded that you didn't hand it in. Did it never occur to you that this, in the hands of sirius black, is a map to you and Harry?" Lupin says as I grin at him.

"And how would sirius black know how to use the map?" I ask innocently as I put a pretend thoughtful look on my fake.

"Well—" he starts before trailing off and sighing.

"You know, your father never set much store by the rules either, but he and your mother gave their lives to save yours. And gambling their sacrifice by wandering around the castle, unprotected with a killer on the loose, seems to me a pretty poor way to repay them!" He scolds as I sigh and glance out the window shamefully.

"I want you to return to your dormitory and stay there. And don't take any detours. If you do... I shall know." He says the last part while tapping the map as I sigh and nod before walking away.

"Professor, just so you know, Peter showed up on the map earlier." I say to him before walking away as I leave a shocked Lupin behind in the classroom.