(2) Dragonstone

ENCHANTED

CHAPTER 2 | Dragonstone ❝  We're finally going home

We're finally going home. ❞

"KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND KEEP IT HIGH. Make sure your back is straight- we don't want the whole of Westeros thinking you're a peasant, do we?"

Rheaneys nearly scoffed at her uncle but thought it was wise not to do so and just obey what he said. Viserys Targaryen was not a man she felt like crossing, especially since he was her uncle and especially not during the most important trip of their lives.

So she sighed and did as he said, earning a look of sympathy from her aunt as the girl strained to keep her composure.

"I don't know why you let him talk to you like that," Daenerys commented once her brother was safely out of the room. Rhaenerys looked at her aunt and frowned at the sympathetic look on her face.

"I cannot talk back to the true king," She said to her aunt, looking forward and repeating the same words she always did. "You know I can't- even though I would like to more than anything."

It was true- Viserys was her uncle but Rhaenerys despised him more than anything. More than the slave holders in Mareen, more than wearing tight corsets, and dare may she say- more than the supposed enemies they were going to face in Westeros.

Daenerys gave her a smile. "He is your king, that is true. But that does not give him the right to treat the Princess like a present."

Rhaenerys stayed quiet and but kept thinking. She did not want to say more than she already had for fear of Viserys punishing her. She may have been a mother to two dragons, Khalakki to the Dothraki, but there was something about her unhinged uncle that had always scared her.

In any case, she had to be careful of she said.

So instead, she took refuge where it was safe and no one could hear her- her thoughts.

Rhaenerys thought about her dragons and the trip, what it would be like in King's Landing and what the people would be like. She wondered if they would embrace her like the Dothraki did, or try and burn her like the slave master's did.

She scowled as she looked at the marks on her hands and remembered that day. The day that she 'died' and her children had been born.

But Rhaenerys didn't want to think about that now. So she didn't. She focused more on her other thoughts and finally was able to snap out of them as the ship they were on rocked slightly.

A smile grew on Daenerys' face as Jorah Mormont came down and informed them,

"Khaleesi, Khalakki, we've almost landed."

And a grin grew on Rhaenrys' as she quickly rushed up and laughed as she breeched the surface.

Fresh, salty air hit her face at the same time sunlight blinded her. Not enough to block her vision of the ocean though, or the huge castle that their ship currently sailed to.

"Dragonstone," Rhaenerys whispered under her breath, staring at what would be her kingdom in awe.

The silver stones that sat at the highest peak made a knot grow in Rhaeneys' stomach. It felt familiar as she stared at it. It felt like home.

"Get these ships docked on the shore, and quickly," Viserys rushed to the side and gave the order, though no one was truly listening to him.

The Dothraki generals on board along with the Unsullied all looked to Daenerys and Rhaenerys for commands. After a few exchanged words, the girls gave their permission and told them to abide by Viserys' commands.

And of course, the male felt smug as he thought it was he that commanded the forces.

"Khalakki," Ser Barris approached her and gave the princess a wide smile, happy in his heart that she was finally home again. "I believe I have orders to escort you to Dragonstone," He said.

Rhaenerys bit her lip. "We're finally going home, aren't we Ser Barris?" She asked the knight with tears in her eyes. And he nodded.

"Aye Princess. We're finally going home."