(16) Peace Offering

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

"YOU COULD'T WAIT UNTIL AFTER I FOUND A SEPTON TO TAKE THE GIRL?!"

"You said we would be married in a fortnight!" Robb whispered yelled at his King. The fat man gave a sigh of exasperation and pinched the bridge of his nose as he sat with his wife, Robb Stark, his almost wife, and his parents.

"I said," Robert corrected himself and glared at Ned, knowing he was the one that relayed the information, "That I would try to find a Septon to marry you. But be as it may-"

"June is a holy month and they will not perform any ceremonies during it," Cersei Lannister smirked at the young couple as she told them knowledge she had known all along.

Catelyn Stark looked at her son fearfully at the Queen's words, forever rueing the day he had met Rhaenerys Targaryen.

But now, as they all sat in the meeting room where the high council usually sat, she knew just by the way Robb looked at the girl that it was already far too late.

"Did you..." She feared for the answer of her own question, "Did you already...consummate your supposed 'marriage'?"

"It wasn't her fault," Robb defended Rhaenerys immediately, causing Catelyn to take in a sharp breath and hang her head. "It was my idea—you cannot blame Rhaenerys for my actions!"

"It does not matter who started it," Ned told his son, rolling his eyes. "What matters is how it ended. And once word gets out that a Stark and a Targaryen have-"

He cut himself off but it seems that Cersei was happy to continue.

"That they've had sex right under the King's nose," She said causally, causing Rhaenerys to flinch at her language, "The houses loyal to you will cut you off and the people will riot," She finished happily, taking a sip of wine. "Like I said."

Robert scowled as his wife rubbed his own actions in his face and angrily snatched the glass of wine from her. After downing it, he turned to Robb and sternly pointed a finger a at him.

"You, boy," He barked, small trickles of wine flowing into his beard, "Will keep this little love affair under wraps under the month of June is over. When are you married, and Gods hope the priests don't sniff your sins out, you will go back Dragonstone with her and try and negotiate peace on our behalf," Robert told him.

"Yes Your Grace," Robb bowed his head and agreed with the only thing Robert has said for the past few days.

He took Rhaenerys' hand underneath the table, gently stroking it.

"And you," Robert turned to Rhaenerys and somehow found him softening at the doe-eyed girl. "You will convince your brother, uncle- or probably both (you are a Targaryen) to lay down his armies and bend the knee. Maybe this marriage isn't pointless and will put a stop to all of this madness," He threw his hands in the air.

Rhaenerys managed to keep her face neutral as Robert threw an insult her away. "My aunt will not bow to you no more than you will to her," She told Robert honestly, correcting him. For Viscerys was dead and it was now Daenerys that they would answer to.

As angry was quick to flood Robert's face, Ned took this as his que to step in.

"Is there a way then that she'll agree to a truce, then?" He questioned, "To stop him from attacking us and this city?"

Rhaenerys wasn't really sure what Ned was trying to ask of her. Despite being involved with his son, they were still supposed to be at war with one another.

And while Daenerys cared for her niece greatly, it still wouldn't stop her from pursing her one true goal in life.

"I am...uncertain of what you ask of me, Ned Stark," Rhaenerys tilted her head, "But Daenerys commands the Dothraki and they will not attack unless she commands it. We both command the Unsullied and they will not attack unless we both command it. As for our dragons, two out of five of them belong to me. And you have my word that I will not use them to kill thousands of innocent people. And neither will Daenerys," She told Ned.

"And your uncle?" Robb looked at his beloved, knowing that he was probably the biggest threat of all.

"Viscerys...will not be a problem anymore," She averted her eyes, gently biting her lip. Ned frowned.

"But I thought he was also Dragon Born?" He questioned. "Can he not command the dragons as well and attack?"

At this, Rhaenerys tried to stifle her laughter and shook her head.

"Being Dragon Born does not give us the power command dragons, Lord Stark," She chuckled. "And in truth, Daenerys and I cannot truly order them around like some believe. We can ask of them, and they will give us what they think we deserve. Command? No. You cannot command a Dragon to do anything. That is why us Targaryen's crave for the throne so badly."