(13) History Repeats

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

RHAENERYS AND DAENERYS DID NOT MOURN their uncle and brother as they did not have a body to bury, nor did they have enough love in their hearts for him to do so. As the days followed, and the date of Robb's arrival approached closer, Rhaenerys spent more time preparing than grieving. For it was time to meet her beloved once again.

As the warm air entered her lungs and as her feet pounded on the sand, Rhaenerys' only regret was that she did not have the courage to tell Daenerys, Ser Barris or Wrymrot goodbye before she escaped.

She knew that the three would try and stop her from making such a bold decision. They would say she was being a fool like Viserys—even though Rhaenerys was six-and-ten and could make her own decisions now.

Other than that, as soon as the night came and the moon began to take place of the sun, Rhaenerys packed a few of her valued things and set off for meeting Robb at the spot he had told her about.

Where the stone rocks meet the sea he had said, and like he promised, Robb Stark was there and waiting for her with a boat carved with his Direwolf sigil.

As soon as the young lovers saw one another, they instantly melted into each other's arms.

Robb wasted no time in lifting her up, laughing as she giggled and spun in the moonlight. And then, when he put her down Rhaenerys didn't even get to say 'hello,' before Robb's lips were on her own.

A flurry of fire instantly rushed to her head and core, making her dizzy and weak in the knees all at once. She grabbed onto to Robb for dear life as their lips moved in perfect symphony, her body taking its rightful place beside his.

When they pulled away, the moon was brighter as the God's shined down on the pair.

"My love," Robb said breathlessly as he pressed his forehead against hers. "You came."

"Of course," Rhaenerys' doe-like eyes shined as she looked at Robb, "O-Of course I came. I've wanted nothing more than this meeting ever since you sent the letter."

"Good," Robb flashed her charming smile and took her by the waist, pulling her into a kiss once more.

When they parted this time, he had to restrain every muscle in his body as to not take her right then and there on the sand.

'Later,' Rhaenerys' eyes promised him, before they flickered to the small boat behind him.

"Is this our way out?" She asked, Robb nodding at her immediately.

"I borrowed it from our fleet," He told her cheekily, causing Rhaenerys to grin.

"I hope your father won't mind," She joked as he took her hand and led her to the boat. Robb shook his head.

"Yes, I hope so too."

The moon seemed to shine brighter as Robb got the boat ready prepared to sail across the sea. Rhaenerys sighed dreamily into the warm night air, not believing that everything she had ever wanted was coming true.

"Will we get there soon?" She asked Robb as he ran around the boat.

Said boy appeared to be looking for something. "Not if I can't find the paddles," He frowned, to which a voice suddenly spoke up.

"Oh, you mean these?"

Both Robb and Rhaenerys gasped as Ser Barris came into view, paddles in hand and a frown on his face as he looked at his Princess. "Going somewhere?" He asked her, to which she stuttered and tried to think of an explanation.

"S-Ser Barris," Rhaenerys looked at her knight and long time friend with wide eyes. "We were just..."

"Who are you?" Robb cut her off and pushed Rhaenerys protectively behind him, drawing his sword. Rhaenerys gasped as this while the old knight simply chuckled.

"Robb, no!"

"Put that needle down boy, before you hurt yourself or my Princess," He said to the Stark boy, promptly walking past him and confronting Rhaenerys.

The poor girl couldn't even look him in the eyes as he sighed and Robb put his sword back in this sheath.

"So, this was your master plan. Escape in the middle of the night on boat and just never come back?" Ser Barris asked in slightly amusement.

Rhaenerys picked her head up and saw that the knight was smiling slightly at her. She was confused, as she half expected him to be angry and drag her back kicking and screaming.

Instead he made no move to do so as he studied her.

"...Yes," Rhaenerys said slowly and quite sheepishly.

Ser Barris pursed his lips. "And what about your aunt?" He asked with an raised eyebrow, seeing how far she thought this through.

"Daenerys will become Queen and we will be reunited again," Rhaenerys said confidently.

Ser Barris continued.

"Your dragons?"

"They'll come for me eventually," Rhaenerys shrugged.

And suddenly, Ser Barris' face softened. "And me?" He asked with a hint of sadness.

Rhaenerys lowered her head in absolute shame. "I was hoping you'd forgive me one day, if we ever met again." She said.

As much it pained Ser Barris to hear these words from her mouth, he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips as she said this.

Both Robb and Rhaenerys looked at him in confusion as he did so, his chuckle turning into full blown belly laughter.

"I don't get it—why is he laughing?" Robb whispered to Rhaenerys as he came to stand by her.

"I...I don't know," She stared at the old man indescribably. "I think...I think he's finally gone mad," She replied.

Ser Barris wiped a stray tear that managed to escape from his eyes and then settled on light smile. With watery eyes, he handed Robb Stark the oars and only uttered one thing.

"You are so much like your mother," He said tearfully, taking Rhaenerys' hands. Her lips trembled as Ser Barris traced her face and whispered softly. "Lyanna..."

A sob escaped Rhaenerys' chest as he pulled away with a sad smile. "I had the same exact conversation with her and her lover once, many moons ago," He reminisced, remembering the way Lyanna had snuck out of Winterfell to be with Prince Rhaegar.

History truly does repeat itself, he thought.

Ser Barris had accompanied them back then and stayed with Lyanna all the away until her daughter was grown, but now he feared his following days were over.

Robb looked at his love with sympathy in his eyes as she sobbed into the old man's chest. Not knowing if she's ever see him again or not, but cherishing the moment anyways.

"Take care of yourself, my Princess," Ser Barris whispered as they pulled away. He wiped her tears and then turned Robb, who very much reminded him of Rhaegar. "And take care of her, boy. If so much as a hair is harmed on her head-"

"I don't doubt that you'll put an end to me," Robb chuckled, stealing Rhaegar's words.

Ser Barris only nodded for fear of choking up.

When it was time go and the man stepped back on the shore to watch the boat leave, he only had one thought in his head, one thought at all.

A Targaryen and a Stark once again. Gods, please protect them this time around.