(5) King's Landing

ENCHANTED

CHAPTER 5 | King's Landing❝  Once we ride in on the backs of Dragons, they will all see who they are up against

Once we ride in on the backs of Dragons, they will all see who they are up against.

TENSIONS WERE STILL HIGH A FEW DAYS later, when Rhaenerys, Viserys, and Daenerys were set to finally sail to the place they never got to call home.

Rhaenerys was ignoring Viserys and Viserys, for once in his life, did not push the subject further after being threatened by the Dothraki and unsullied. He had been put into his place, seeing now that he wasn't their true commander like he thought.

The thought made him fume of course, but for the sake of sitting on the throne alive he let it go. For now at least, he turned his focus on the mission ahead and the meeting that would change everything.

After a few days of sailing on his own, Ser Jorah Mormont had managed to set up a meeting between King Robert Baratheon, the lords of his kingdoms, and the Targaryens.

Rhaenerys was nervous as they set sail that morning and feared for what their future would be like. She wasn't an idiot—she knew that her uncle would only offer them one choice: bend the knee or else he would have her and Daenerys' dragons burn them and their city to their ground.

That was how Viserys operated. He always had. And the thought alone sent an uncomfortable pang through Rhaenerys' chest. For the girl wasn't cruel and neither was Daenerys. They would never want to use their dragons the way their ancestors did. But it seemed that Viserys had other plans.

"Once we ride in on the backs of Dragons, they will all see who they are up against," He smirked as they all stood at the front of the ship.

Daenerys and Rhaenerys shared an useasy look.

"Are you sure that is the most wise decision?" Ser Barris asked hesitantly, and as the commander of each army, Grey Worm and Zhilli Haggo agreed.

"Using dragons could make them feel...threatened." Missandei added.

Viserys smirked. "Good. I want everyone to know what waits them if they refuse. One look at Rhaegar or Drogon should have them on their knees."

Ser Barris took a deep breath. Rhaenerys could tell the older man was trying to talk some sense into Viserys. Not that it was working, of course.

"Robert Baratheon won't bow for any Dragon, human or creature. You'd have a better time negotiating with the man than using them to scare him."

Viserys whipped around to face the man. "I didn't ask you," He hissed at Ser Barris, his eyes ablaze.

Ser Barris pursed his lips. Ser Jorah sighed.

"Then perhaps ask their mothers to see what they think," He said.

Viserys turned to Daenerys and Rhaenerys who frowned in disapproval. He knew their answer just by looking at them and scoffed at them both.

"I don't need to ask their anything," He said bitterly. Rhaenerys pursed her lips as her eyes landed on Lyanna, Rhaegar, Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal flying above the deep blue sea.

"Then perhaps you can explain that Rhaegar when you try to ride him without me telling him otherwise," She said coldly, waking away from her mad uncle.

He looked at her in disbelief as Daenerys smirked.

Later as they landed, it was decided that they would not in fact use the dragons. Instead, Ser Jorah and Ser Barris would take Grey Worm, Wrymrot, and the Dothraki commarder and go on horse back to meet them.

To settle any tension, Viserys, Daenerys, Missandei and Rhaenerys would go last and be accompanied by a few soldiers.

Rhaenerys took a deep breath as the castle and place she was born came into her view. Nerves pooled into her stomach; she had never been to this place but for some reason, she could tell that it was about to become very important to her, very soon.