(22) Jon Snow

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

RHAENERYS DIDNT REALLY KNOW WHAT SHE THOUGHT OF JON SNOW. If anything, she knew at the very least the man didn't seem like a liar, and neither did his friends.

Despite their claims about seeing creatures that hadn't been seen in a thousand years, she felt somewhat inclined to believe them. After all, she did have two dragons, and Edd was right when he said people thought they were extinct, too.

Jon had said they were willing to get them proof. He also said they would at least try to recruit the help of King Robert before they went as well, which sent a pang of hope through Rhaenerys' chest as she heard this.

In fact, it's what led her to her current actions, walking out to the cliffs where Jon Snow was sitting and admiring her dragons flying over the deep blue sea.

She smiled at the look of admiration on his face. Most people were scared to see humongous dragons, but not Jon.

Maybe he was different indeed, she thought. And as she approached him, soft words left her lips.

"They are quite enchanting, are they not?"
Rhaenerys commented as she came to stand by Jon. The ocean breeze began to blow her long hair back, Jon jumping a little at her sudden presence.

Once he saw it was only her, though, he calmed down and softened a little.

"I never once thought I'd get to see dragon," He confessed, eyes turning back to Lyanna and Rhaegar as they teamed up to annoy Drogon. "My father told me that the last ones died ago. And even then, they weren't so..."

"Big?" Rhaenerys guessed as Drogon screeched at Lyanna, flying away in annoyance. Jon nodded. "Would you believe me if I said they're still growing?" Rhaenerys giggled as Jon's eyes widened.

"They'll be as big as that castle if that's the case," He scoffed, smiling slightly at her laugh.

He didn't quite know what he thought of the Targaryen girl, but he knew she wasn't as bad as people said she was. Her and her aunt—they were nothing like their ancestors his had fought so hard to kill.

And in any case, Rhaenerys was much better looking than her grandfather.

With her long brown lock and innocent brown eyes shining up at him, it was no wonder Jon's brother was so enchanted with the girl. And The more time he spent with her, the more time he felt guilty for allowing himself to be pulled towards her, especially when he knew how Robb felt about her.

Jon couldn't help it though; eveything about her made something inside of him long to protect her, even though he barely knew her. And the more she talked, the more he cursed his vows, and the position he was born at birth.

Perhaps if he was a trueborn like Robb he'd be in a different position.

But, noticing he was staring at her, Rhaenerys raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something on my face?" She questioned, wondering why his eyes hadn't strayed for the past two minutes.

Jon cleared his throat. "Actually, there is," He announced as he reached over to wipe a spare bit of paste off of the side of her mouth.

Rhaenerys blushed deeply as Jon licked the minty paste off of his finger and casually carried on.

She hid her face in the hood of her cloak and shoved her hands in its pockets. It was only when she heard the crunching of parchment underneath her fingers did Rhaenerys suddenly remember what she came out here for.

"Oh," Her heart dropped when she suddenly left like she was betraying Robb in some way. "I...I nearly forgot what I actually came here for."

"And what's that?" Jon asked curiously.

His smiled dropped as Rhaenerys pulled a piece of paper from her pocket and gently tucked it into his hands. On the outside of the letter, he could see four words written in her neat handwriting.

'To My Love, Robb,' it said.

Rhaenerys gave him a hopeful smile. "Whenever you go to King's Landing, I would like to ask a favor of you. Could you deliver this to Robb if you see him?"

The girl looked desperate for any sort of communication with her love. One letter had not been enough, for Rhaenerys craved to hear everything about Robb.

Jon tried to hide his disappointment as he wrapped his finger around the letter and nodded in deafest. "I shall do my best," He promised Rhaenerys. And though the reality of only being a bastard once again came to bite him in the ass, he at least thought she deserved that much.