(7) Fool's Errand

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

"PERHAPS NEXT TIME WE KNOW NOT to let the Targaryen girl speak," Tyrion joked into the empty throne room.

Silence suffocated them all as now there were half of the houses that occupied it earlier. Half of even the most loyal of people, off to fight for a girl who inspired everyone in a matter of minutes.

The only ones not gone were the Lannisters, the Starks, the Freys, the Greyjoys, and Houses' Tully, Arryn, Bolton, and a few more small houses in the north and south.

Other than that, it was completely empty and Robert's rage could be heard all the way through the castle.

"Perhaps," Tywin Lannister spoke slowly and carefully, "We underestimated the Targaryens."

"By a lot," Robb Stark muttered under his breath, still wonderstruck by the brown eyed girl.

Something had lit a fire inside of him and now it was far too late to put it out. For Robb Stark had thought of her and only her since the moment they locked eyes.

He knew he was doomed but that didn't stop him from falling to his knees anyways and pleading his silent loyalty to the dragon that had captured his heart.

Of course, in the midst of the chaos no one really noticed and his mother got him up before anyone could.

In reality, House Stark was still sworn the King.

But in his heart, Robb Stark longed for Rhaenerys Targaryen.

"What will we do now?" Joffrey asked quickly, his father's distant rage making him wince. Cersei grabbed on to her first born and didn't let go. "That whore and her company of clowns have taken half of our forces."

"That whore has more sense in her pinky finger that you will ever have in your entire body," Tyrion turned to his nephew. Joffrey glared at him. "She promised them nothing, yet they still gave up everything to follow her."

"And now we're doomed," Jamie sighed quietly. "Robert's going to have to think of some way to defeat them now, and he's going to have to think quick."

"Have you met our king?" Triyon wondered. "There is nothing quick about him."

"And he's already decided on what he's going to do," Ned Stark muttered as he came sweeping through the halls. Everyone stood up for the Hand's presence, everyone wondering how he got the king to calm down enough to even discuss plans of action.

"Well?" Robb asked anxiously, thinking of Rhaenerys' face. Ned sighed.

"He plans on attacking at daybreak. He says that if it's a war they want, he will be one to bring it to him."