(23) Proof

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

ROBB STARK WASNT SURE WHAT TO
EXPECT ANYMORE. After eighteen years, he thought he had finally had his life figured out. He would be Lord of Wintefell, marry a respectable young Lady, and eventually have children and an heir of his own. That was the plan.

And then he met Rhaenerys Targaryen.

The firestorm that was the young dragon took him by surprise but Robb had openly welcomed the flames. From the moment he met her, he allowed Rhaenerys to dig her claws in him so deep that Robb was utterly paralyzed by the girl.

And now, she was all he spent his days thinking about.

Even during the shitshow of King Robert's injuries, Rhaenerys plagued his mind day and night.

Oh how he desperately wanted to see her. He sometimes thought he was going mad at the lack of communication between them, but Robert, terrified that his enemies would once again try and kill him, ordered all Raven's to be destroyed.

No Ravens went in or out, which meant Robb had no way of knowing if Rhaenerys was dead or alive, alive and well, or alive and miserable like he was.

He didn't know anything, until Daenerys Targaryen sent her very own raven for him. And with it, she gave the news that Rhaenerys was alive and she would deliver a single message to her niece from him.

After that, Robb had wasted no time in pouring out what he could and sending it back to Daenerys. He had no way of knowing if Rhaenerys would actually get it, but he had hope in the dragon queen.

And it was this hope that kept Robb going. It was this hope that caused him to get by day by day, until finally the day came when more hope arrived.

When Robb woke up that very day, he was not expecting to see his half-brother, Jon Snow, and a few other Night's Watch members. But as fate would have it, they appeared at Robert's throne later that day, accompanied by his very own father.

For the first time since Rhaenerys had left, Robb felt a twinge of happiness overcome him.

"Jon," He whispered softly in shock as his brother and his companions bowed at the King's feet.

"Jon Snow," Robert let out a hearty laugh and looked at Ned, who offered Robert a small smile. "Last time I saw you boy you were about to take the black! And now you're Lord Commander?"

"Your Grace," Jon nodded curtly. "It has been a while hasn't it?"

His brown eyes traveled to the King's side, flinching when his met the unwelcoming gaze of Cersei. The woman was displeased at his presence but the eyes next to hers were what made Jon nearly lose his breath.