(11) Defiance

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

"RHAENERYS! GET BACK HERE! THIS IS AN ORDER FROM YOUR KING!"

"NO! I WILL NOT COME BACK AND YOU CANNOT MAKE ME MARRY HIM!" Rhaenerys yelled to her uncle, before promptly slamming her door in his face.

Viserys screamed in frustration but Rhaenerys tried to pay him no mind as she desperately looked out the window for Robb's raven.

It had been hours since she wrote to him, and so far no word had come back yet.

As every minute ticked by, she dreamed that Robb would come with his entire Winterfell army and demand that Viserys give up his future wife.

She dreamed of the defeated look on Viserys' face when he had no choice but to release her, and watch as she and her dragons flew away to their new life.

Rhaenerys dreamed and she dreamed, but nothing ever came out of it. She was instead forced to listen to Viserys' voice every hour as he tried again, and then tried some more using her aunt as a bribe.

Rhaenerys knew he was lying because she had watched Daenerys fly away on Drogon hours ago, and she had yet to come back.

She had taken the dragons to go feed, and left her there with the worst of them all.

Finally though, after hours of sitting at her window and waiting for something that wouldn't come, she decided that enough was enough.

If Viserys wanted to marry her off to a Westeros Lord then fine. But it would not be Ramsey Bolton or anyone else.

It would be Robb Stark.

And with this new determination set in her mind, she gathered all the letters she could manage to find from him and stomped to Viserys' study.

There, she found her uncle furiously writing a letter to someone—probably an assassin for her head.

Viscerys heard her come in and he couldn't even mask his surprise as the girl barged in and slammed the letters on his desk.

"What's the meaning of this?" He yelled almost immediately, and he got his answer when Rhaenerys threw one of the pieces of paper in his face.

"Read it," She spat venomously, tired of his antics. "Read it and maybe you'll get your happy ending after all, and I'll get mine."

Viserys was speechless as he picked up the letter and saw the Direwolf symbol looking back at him. As he read it, confusion overtook his face, then surprise, and then finally white hot rage.

"Well?" Rhaenerys asked her uncle impatiently, tapping her foot.

"You've been writing letters to Ned Stark's son?" Viserys asked lowly.

Rhaenerys nodded. "And he's written back, as you can see. We love each other."

A loud scoff escaped Viserys' lips at this followed by a crude laugh. He looked at his niece with disbelief on his face and without a second thought said, "You idiot. Don't you realize you're being played?" He hissed. "Robb Stark's father is Hand of the King! Of course he wants you to meet him somewhere your guards or I aren't! He wants to capture you and probably rape you, you utter fool!"

Rhaenerys furrowed her eyebrows at this and glared at her uncle. "Robb would never!" She protested, defending her beloved. "He would never hurt me and for you insinuate that—"

"Oh don't tell me you actually believe this," Viserys groaned.

"Of course I believe it!" Rhaenerys snapped at him. "If Robb wanted to rape me or capture me, he would have done it the first time we met and he snuck in my chambers under your watch!"

As soon as she said this, Rhaenerys knew that she had said far too much. And suddenly, her stomach dropped as Viserys' glare became murdererous.

"He was in your chambers?" He asked dangerously low, causing Rhaenerys to back up as he came towards her.

"I...I didn't mean it like that!" She told him quickly, but the damage was already done.

"He was in your chambers?" Viserys repeated again, louder. "For how long? Did he take you?"

"I..."

"DID HE TAKE YOU?!" Viserys suddenly yelled, causing Rhaenerys to flinch and cry out as he grabbed her wrist tightly.

"Ow! Uncle, you're hurting me!" The girl cried out as tears spung in her eyes. Not a second after she said that did Viserys finally let go, only to bring his hand up and backhand her across the face.

"Ouch!"

Rhaenerys cried out as she was knocked to the ground harshly and her cheek stung where Viserys had hit her. She didn't even have time to defend herself, to say 'No, Robb and I weren't together like that,' before Viserys hit her again and began ranting.

"I promised Ramsey Bolton that you were a virgin, and now this?! He already didn't want to marry you because of last night, what am I supposed to say to him now?! That my own niece is a whore?!"

"Tell him I'm not marrying him at all!" Rhaenerys trembled as she got herself up, glaring at her uncle through her tears. "Tell him that a man like that will never have me, and that I'm going to marry Robb Stark!" She yelled firmly.

If looks could kill, there was no telling who'd be six feet under at the moment. But all for Rhaenerys knew she didn't care.

She didn't care about any of it anymore. About the war or taking King's Landing.

Hell, Robert Baratheon could have stayed on the throne for all she cared. For as drunk as he was, he would still be a better king than her uncle.

"Don't you dare walk out of that door," Viserys growled as Rhaenerys' fingers hovered over the knob. When she ignored him and did it anyways, he roared: "RHAENERYS! DONT YOU DARE TURN YOUR BACK ON YOUR KING! IF YOU WALK OUT OF THAT DOOR I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD AND ROBB STARK'S TOO!"

At the mention of her love, Rhaenerys whipped around and gave Viserys a look that caused even him to tremble.

"I would like to see you try," The girl spat venomously, before promptly turning her back on him and slamming the door.