(17) As Certain As Death

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

BEING IN KINGS LANDING WAS PROVING TO BE EVERY BIT AS blissful as Rhaenerys had dreamed it be.

Despite often bumping heads with the literal King and Queen of the damned place, Rhaenerys enjoyed her stay and most of all, enjoyed Robb as much as she could before her time ran out.

She enjoyed the nights where they were free to run around the castle, and where Robb would take her to the secret places in the gardens and tell her stories about Winterfell—her future home as he called it.

The pair enjoyed many late night rendezvous and stolen kisses here and there. Well, as much as they could for a secret relationship.

No one knew the Targaryen girl was even there expect for those at the meeting. And everyone there had been sworn to secretary, or else they knew they would lose their heads.

Even Ned, and even Cersei.

The Queen kept her word and stayed quiet but that did not mean she didn't take her little jabs here and there.

For the most part, Rhaenerys was able to ignore her words and for the sake of Robb, not call Lyanna to come burn the woman to a crip. Just for irony's sake.

And speaking of, Rhaenerys missed her aunt, Ser Barris Barris and her dragons dearly but her time with Robb was more than enough to fill the void.

She loved him and he loved her, their time together only worsening the obsession the two teenagers felt for each other.

For the past month, Robb had made love to Rhaenerys every night and each time, would promise her that he couldn't wait to marry her. And Rhaenerys, being the young girl that she was, believed him with her whole heart.

She couldn't wait to marry Robb, truly. Damn what other people had to say about them. At least, that was what Rhaenerys told herself.

But in reality, it hurt the girl to be openly rejected by her love's family.

Even Catelyn, Robb's own mother, didn't like her. And she wasn't quite sure why, seeing as the pair never spoke once the entire time she saw there. But every time Rhaenerys looked at her she could see the fear Catelyn held for her son, and the future of her house.

Catelyn wasn't shy about hiding her looks either, or voicing her opinions to her husband. She would have better luck talking to a brick wall for a month than trying to talk Robb out of marrying the girl, though.

He was obsessed with her, that much was obvious to Catelyn. Just by looking at him she could tell the Targaryen girl invaded his every thought. Every time she tried to talk to him about her, or out of her, Robb had shut her down and told Catelyn that Rhaenerys wasn't going anywhere.

'She's not going to leave, me.' He had said.

And that sent cold fear down Catelyn's spine. When she told Ned of this, he tried to convince her that Robb was young and of course he was love drunk on the first pretty girl that he liked.

But not even her husband could convince Catelyn that this was an innocent love.

No, no, for Ned didn't see the way his son's eyes had darkened; he didn't hear the way Robb had spoke with such intensity that just wasn't normal for a boy of eight-and-ten.

He didn't see the way Robb had practically threatened to end their entire bloodline if something happened to her. And he didn't hear his son when he swore to murder any and every one that dared to cross her.

He didn't see any of this.

But Catelyn did.

And now more than ever, Catelyn had began to believe the rumors of the Targaryen curse so many whispered about.

'To be near them was to love them,' Many had said. 'But to love a Targaryen was almost as certain as death.'

And now, Catelyn feared her son would the next Stark taken to the grave by a Targaryen.