(9) Wounded

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

DEAR PRINCESS RHAENERYS,

I write to you in hopes that your beautiful face will not fall once you read this news. I have been wounded in battle and the Maester says it may take several weeks to heal. It's just a little scratch, that is, but Dothraki swords are unfortunate to be on the other end of.

Anyways, I know I am risking a lot by sending this but at the same time I am anxious to hear from you again. The only place I saw your face was in my thoughts, and I am hoping that is a good thing.

Until our next meeting,

Robb of House Stark
Heir to Winterfell

DEAR LORD STARK,

You cannot even begin to imagine how relived I am to know you're alive. I suppose it's wrong, as I know you're supposed to be the enemy. But titles are just titles, and I think that if it was truly wrong I wouldn't be writing this letter.

Things at Dragonstone are finally settling down. Viscerys is still angry with me for, well... a lot of things. But I am learning to get better at avoiding him as it is easier now that we have a castle.

I do hope you heal well and find solace in my letters while you do.

Yours Truly,
Rhaenerys of House Targaryen
Mother of Dragons
Heir to Dragonstone
The Unburt
Rightful Princess of the Andels and First Men
Protector the of Seven Kingdoms

DEAR PRINCESS RHAENERYS,
MOTHER OF DRAGONS
HEIR TO DRAGONSTONE
THE UNBURT
RIGHTFUL PRINCESS OF THE ANDELS AND FIRST MEN
PROTECTOR OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS

Those are quite the titles.

I am still coming to terms with the fact that dragons exist but I suppose if Goddesses do as well then it shouldn't be all that hard to believe. Things in King's Landing are...interesting.

The King would still like your Uncle's head but I am sure there is probably a line by now and he will have to wait.

It bothers me though of his interest in you. You are all he or anyone else talks about it and through it may be bold, I am quite jealous of the sudden attention.

I look back on all our meetings and the only thing I felt was my heart ready to burst from its chambers. I may be making a fool of myself but...I believe that with a connection like that I cannot be the only one to feel it.

If I am wrong, forgive me.

My mother always did tell me I was quite bold.

But if I am...

Robb of House Stark
Heir to Winterfell

DEAR LORD STARK,

I suppose they are a lot of titles but I like to think I've earned them all. And any case, you could always call me just 'Rhaenerys.'

As to your question you are not wrong to be bold. In fact, I am glad you mentioned it first as I am sure I would have made an even bigger fool of my myself.

I cannot deny what I feel whenever I think of you. It may be sudden but my heart feels as if it's known you forever. The thought of you in battle made me sick the entire day.

I do not know if I'll see you again but if I do, I fear I'll be married or captured before then.

If that is the case I wish for you know my heart now belongs to you. Do with it what you may but my only request is that you do not break it.

Yours,
Rhaenerys of House Targaryen
Or, just 'Rhaenerys.'

DEAR RHAENERYS,

My heart belongs to you as well, which is why I must tell you this now.

If you are to be wed then I will kill any man who dares touches what's mine. I will not allow anyone to touch you or make love to you when it is clear we are meant for each other. Meet with me in two days time at the rocks bordering the sea.

There I will meet you and will bring my Septon if I have to.

Yours,
Robb of House Stark