(6) Negotiations

ENCHANTED

CHAPTER 6 | Negotiations❝  That is why I am a giving you a choice

❝  That is why I am a giving you a choice.

LORD TYRION OF HOUSE LANNISTER cleared his throat and coughed to suppress the laugh that threatened to bubble up.

Form beside him, his brother Jamie gave him a stern look and lightly pushed him, Tyrion's laugh almost provoking his own.

Lord Tywin glared at them both.

Aside him, Robert Baratheon sat with his wife, Cersi, son, Joffrey, and two youngest children: Tommen and Myrcella. The king impatiently tapped his foot and glared at the former Knights of King's Landing in front of him.

"Where is your false King, Queen and Princess?" Prince Joffrey spit at the two knights, not able to conceal his impatience anymore. "Don't they know anything about being on time? Of course not—they were raised to be savages I expect."

Ser Jorah and Ser Barris sighed as they wondered that answer, too.

"They will be here soon," Ser Barris said with tight lips, not liking how he addressed Daenerys and Rhaenerys.

Joffrey scoffed. "Soon? That is not—"

"Quiet boy," The young man instantly went silent as his father snapped at him and shared a look with his Hand, Ned Stark.

The Northman's face was split into a neutral expression and a shrug of his shoulders answered Robert's own questions.

From beside him, his wife Catelyn kept her eyes focused on the sky, half expecting dragons to come and burn them all. Her eldest son and heir, Robb Stark, did the same.

The young wolf had heard many tales of the dragon clan and was somewhat eager to finally meet them. He didn't know if the stories were true but supposedly the Princess was deemed to be one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Her name had briefly been brought up by the king, talks of marrying her to some lord thrown out as a last ditch effort for peace. And if that were the case, Robb wouldn't mind if he was a contender.

"This is nonsense!" The King's outburst drew everyone's attention to him. His eyes blazed as he pointed a finger at the two knights. "Your King said he would meet us here at noon. It is now an hour past and I-"

"Gentleman! Ladies! Apologies for tardiness. We were held up on the way over."

Nearly everyone on the court held their breath as three horses and ten foot soldiers suddenly came marching into view.

Two girls and one man, two with hair so light it was nearly transparent and the other with dark hair, brown eyes, and every bit of her mother shining through her.

"My apologies, Your Grace," She bowed unlike her two companions and offered a kind smile as she got off of her horse. "We were held up, but I hope our tardiness did not offend you." She said in a soft voice.