(12) Ash

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH, VISCERYS HAD DECIDED. He would not let his niece get away with this, not this time. There had been many times before where he had rolled over and showed his belly due to his fear of Rhaenerys' dragons and her armies. But right now, Vicerys could have cared less as he chased after her and manage to track her to the courtyard so he could stop her.

"RHAENERYS!" He shouted, causing the girl to quickly turn around and furiously wipe the tears away from her eyes. When she saw that it was her uncle, she sped up but he somehow still caught up with her. "RHAENERYS, STOP THIS INSTANT," He yelled once again but she ignored him.

Rhaenerys only had one destination in mind, and that was with her dragons. Whenever she was upset or angry, Lyanna and Rhaegar always made her feel better. They welcomed her presence, but they were quickly on on high alert as Viscerys trailed her, eyes fuming.

"You don't walk away from me," he growled at her. That's when Daenerys and Ser Barris came running towards them. Daenerys looked worried for her niece, and quickly looked around to see where she was. She breathed a sigh of relief to see that Viscerys had not yet gotten to her. Instead, Rhaenerys was curled up with her dragons and ignoring Viscerys. But it was hard when the man was right in her ear, yelling and upsetting her and her dragons.

"Get back here you ungrateful whore," He spat, yanking her arm tightly.

Rhaenerys cried out in pain, causing Daenerys to gasp and her dragons to growl as Viscerys roughly handled her. His grip was so tight that his fingernails dug into Rhaenerys' skin and it caused her to start bleeding. As a trickle of blood ran down her arm, she looked at her uncle fearfully as Rhaegar and Lyanna began to rumble behind her.

"Let me go! You're hurting me!" she cried out but Viscerys did not care. Instead, he tightened his grip.

"Tell me you did not open your legs for that Stark boy,"  he said causing Rhaenerys to go quiet. She struggled in his grip, but quickly shook her head, tear pricking her eyes.

"I...I didn't! Ouch!"

"Hey!" Ser Barris quickly rushed over and pushed his King off, never mind the fact that he was supposed to serve him and not Rhaenerys. The shock on Viscerys' face was evident, but it quickly turned into anger. Ser Barris began to shield a shaking Rhaenerys.

"Keep your hands off of the princess, or I will cut them off, so gods help me. I am not afraid to use this sword if it means protecting her."

It was clear that his words angered Vicerys. Like an untamed dragon, he began to roar.

"You serve me not some ungrateful whore!" He told Ser Barris, "and you'd best act like it before I have your head and hers on a spike."

At this Daenerys gasped, and despite Ser Jorah trying to hold her back, she quickly rushed over to the scene.

"You will do no such thing!" She yelled at her brother, but she found that he was so furious that all he did was shove her back. With a gasp, Daenerys landed on the grassy floor, rocks scraping her skin and the dragons growling even louder.

"Stay out of this," He growled at Daenerys as Ser Jorah quickly rushed over to help her. But by the time he did, it was too late.

The dragons were fed up with him.

"I did not lie with Rob Stark," Rhaenerys cried as she slowly backed away. She had a pleading tone to her voice as See Barris led her over to where Daenerys was. "He came to me and warned me of the attack. He showed me more kindness and graciousness than you have my entire life. If it come to it, I would've gladly open my legs to him rather than some psychopath Lord that you tried to set me up with! Or worse—try to keep me for yourself!" Rhaenerys spit.

She actually spit at the feet of Vicerys, and this seemed to set him off like no other. He charged at Rhaenerys and Ser Barris actually had to pull out his sword as Viscerys began to pull out his. Shaking tremendously, Rhaenerys feared for the life of her old friend. There was madness in her uncle's eyes, and there was no telling what he was prepared to do. She braced herself, and looked at Daenerys, who looked equally as scared as her.

"You ungrateful bitch!" Viscerys shouted, his blade glistening in the sunlight. "I will make you pay, and then I will make you sleep with a hundred Dothraki men until you learn your lesson that you are my property and I can do whatever I want with you. Do you understand?!"

Rhaenerys only whimpered. But it wasn't out of fear, it was out of shock as fire slowly begin to rise in Rhaegar and Lyanna, their bellies glowing a bright orange. With wide eyes Ser Barris quickly ushered her back along with Daenerys and Ser Jorah. All four of them moved out of the way, but Viscerys was still standing there. He was so angry that he didn't even notice the two dragons circling him until it was too late.

As he raised his blade, preparing to rush towards his niece, he was engulfed in dragon fire. His screams of anger were replaced by screams of agony as Rhaegar let out of breath of fire, as did Lyanna.

By the time anybody could process what was happening, it was too late. Rhaenerys screamed, but there was nothing that she could do as her uncle was reduced to nothing but ash. Not even bones—just ash.

Her dragons roared protectively at the black spot that was once Vicerys and then looked at Rhaenerys as to say,

Don't you ever talk about our daughter like that again.

And with that, the rightful king of the Seven Kingdoms was dead.