(4) Rhaeger and Lyanna

ENCHANTED

CHAPTER 4 | Rhaegar and Lyanna ❝  The next time you hit her will be last time you have hands! ❞

The next time you hit her will be last time you have hands!

"NO!"

A shrill cry escaped Daenerys and Rhaenerys' lips as Viserys made his proposition. Horror casted over Daenerys' face- was her brother going absolutely mad?

"No?" Viserys turned his glare on Daenerys and Rhaenerys, the latter trembling at his proposition. "You would dare tell your king no?"

"I am the Queen, and I am saying no to you selling our niece like a common whore!" Daenerys yelled, her voice probably echoing throughout the seven kingdoms.

Rhaenerys teared up, the young girl not believing what she was hearing. Was her uncle really going to sell her off like cattle, just to get a better standing with the Dothraki or someone in Westeros?

The answer was yes. Yes, because that's who Viserys was.

He raged as his sister and who openly defied him, stealing glances at the amused Dothraki generals and the concerned knights sworn to protect the Kalissi and kalissani.

"You do not tell me no, girl!" Viserys shouted as he roughly grabbed Rhaenerys' shoulders. She cried out as he dug his fingernails into her skin. "I am your king! You will obey me, whether I tell you to marry one of those miserable rag wearers or sleep with every man in the seven kingdoms! I am your king; do you hear me?"

Rhaenerys huffed as she tried to get away from her uncle, stepping back and accidentally hitting his chest as she struggled to get away.

Viserys was bewildered as he stumbled back— pure rage electrifying his veins. He brought his hand back, and before anyone could even blink—

He slapped Rhaenerys.

All was silent as the sound echoed through the throne room. Rhaenerys gasped, grabbing her cheek as a sob rang out from her chest.

Not even a minute later, she was in the arms of Ser Barris as he held her and Dothraki and Unsullied alike pointed swords at Viserys' neck.

"Kalissani, are you alright?" The old knight asked as the young girl sobbed in his arms.

When she did not, answer, he merely pressed her into his side and glared at her idiot uncle.

"You savages! You would dare turn your swords on your king?!" He cried as Grey Worm and Wrymrot held a sword at his neck. From beside him, Daenerys raged at her brother.

"You are not their king," She spit at her brother, standing up with menace in her voice. "But Rhaenerys is their princess, and my niece. And the next time you hit her will be last time you have hands!" She yelled out furiously.

She quickly rushed to Rhaenerys' side and ignored the remarks of her brother, only concerned about her niece. Ser Barris gave her look—they both glanced down at Rhaenerys as she spoke.

"R-Rhaegar, I want to see Rhaegear and Lyanna," She sobbed out, immediately thinking of her dragons. They were the one thing that could bring her comfort, even on days like this.

And so, turning their back to their king, they all ignored his demands to come back and went outside to visit the dragons.

On the outskirts of Dragonstone, where sea and stone was separated by a high cliff, Rhaenerys, Daenerys and Ser Barris found the two dragons sitting peacefully.

The blue one, Lyanna, immediately perked up at the sight of her mother. Rhaegar, a pure white dragon, followed quickly after her as they flew towards the crying girl.

Such fitting names for dragons that looked exactly like her parents.

Sometimes, Rhaenerys liked to pretend that they weren't dead, only reborn as fire breathing creatures.

"I hate him!" She sobbed into the hide of Rhaegar as the dragon softly nuzzled her. "He always ruins everything, Danny! You can't let him do this, you can't let him marry me off to some man probably curler than he is!"

"Rhaenerys," Daenerys frowned as Lyanna growled softly, tensing at the name of her brother. Despite Viserys thinking that he had full control over the creatures, the dragons hated him and Rhaenerys and Daenerys were the only reasons they hadn't burned him to a crisp.

"Please!" Rhaenerys sobbed, "You have to do something! You, o-or Ser Barris! Talk to him and change his mind!"

Daenerys knew there was no getting through to her brother, as did Ser Barris. But as not to upset the girl, they both agreed and shared a look afterwards.

"I won't let him allow some man to ruin you as he didn't me," Daenerys said solemnly.

"Perhaps we'll talk to him once you've both calmed down," Ser Barris proposed. "You're both Targaryen's- though you don't look like it - you've got the same temper he does."

Their words seemed to calm Rhaenerys down a little bit. But she still grieved for her loss of freedom.

She didn't want to get married, but until she met s man worth giving her titles and love to. And she knew that if Viserys had his way, then it would be any man that promised him fame, fortune or support.

-

I have, once again, fallen in love with Robb Stark. Enjoy.