(24) True North

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

IF ROBB STARK EVER THOUGHT THAT WINTERFELL WAS COLD, then perhaps Tormund was right when he said he wasn't really from the north. For even in Winterfell, Robb had never been this cold in his damn life.

He pulled the furs on his shoulders tighter and gritted his teeth as group continued to ruck through the snow.

From behind him, Jamie and Tyrion Lannister's complaints were probably the only time in his life he'd agree with a Lannister.

"I don't think I can feel my balls anymore," Tyrion groaned as he panicked, some of the cold starting to get to the southerner's head.

"I don't think I can feel anything anymore," Jamie confessed, watching as the breath from his very lips froze as soon he as spoke.

Curse and blast Robb bloody Stark—the brave northern man that made the rest of them look like cowards when he had bravely volunteered to come to the end of the world.

With his proposal, and despite Tywin Lannister's own disapproval, Jamie pretty much had no other choice but to follow the young wolf and his brother on their suicide mission.

And all for a Targaryen, he scoffed in his head, knowing as well as anyone the grip she now had on Robb Stark.

Jamie never considered the boy as one of his own before, but as they were both born in the same side of the the sea, he did see how dangerous it was for Rhaenerys to have her hooks in him.

He knew how dangerous love made a person. Hell, love made him a dangerous person which is why he warned Robert to keep an eye on him.

'He's a just boy in love, he's not stupid enough to choose her over his king and his father,' Robert had replied.

Jamie disagreed.

He thought they all needed to watch their backs around Robb, for who knows? He may be the one to cut them all down and create a path using their bodies for Rhaenerys and her cousin to get to the throne.

That was why he watched the young wolf as close as he could.

He had already sent about a dozen ravens and there was no telling what he was whispering in the Targaryen girl's ear now.

Jamie's only peace was they were so far north it would take days to for a raven to get whatever they were.

His companions all around him disagreed, though.

The wildling, Tormund, Jon Snow, the two men of the brotherhood—one who was a priest—Ser Jorah of House Mormont and Ser Barris of House Targaryen all seemed to like the young wolf.