(14) Judgement

ENCHANTED

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

SOMETIME ON THEIR JOURNEY, RHAENERYS had fallen asleep and was gently woken by Robb just as the sun began to shine.

Her love wore a smile that was brighter than the stars themselves, a laugh escaping his lips as he pulled her up, carrying her through the water and to the beach himself.

"Are we there yet?" Rhaenerys asked with sleep in her voice, and with loving eyes, Robb nodded.

"You're finally home, my love," He whispered against her, "Your true home."

Rhaenerys shivered at his words and close proximity of his body, turning around to capture her lips with his.

Robb was surprised when she initiated the kiss, melting into it before he finally had to let go.

"I'll never get tired of that," He promised her as he took her hands in his. Rhaenerys sneaked in another quick peck and giggled.

"Me neither," She whispered, excited to return home.

Before they landed, Robb had warned her that King Robert might not take kind to her presence in King's Landing.

The King was not cruel enough to hurt the girl, especially since she looked exactly like her mother, but he was also not stupid enough to just let her roam free.

He would question her, no doubt. Or have his men interrogate her to find out her true intentions. But whatever the case, Rhaenerys assured Robb that she was ready for anything so long as he was by her side.

And so, he was.

Right to the moment when they entered the Red Keep, Robb hating himself for it but disgusing Rhaenerys off as a simple whore to get passed the guards.

As she said, Rhaenerys did whatever she had to in order to be with Robb. Including endure their crude stares and remarks about them having a turn next.

Robb simply gave them a pained smile before continuing on with Rhaenerys. She kept her hood up as they made their way past more and more guards, more and more hallways, until finally—

"Your Grace."

Rhaenerys found herself bowing at Robb's side, not yet removing her hood as it wasn't time. She allowed Robb to speak for himself and her first, pleading their case with the King before revaleing her identity.

As she did, she looked around the room and accidentally locked eyes with Ned Stark.

Striking blue eyes met hers and Rhaenerys knew in that moment he recognized her even without the hood.

Even before Robert angrily stood up, his bottle of wine crashing to the floor as he demanded she remove her hood at once—Ned knew who she was.

And perhaps, that was a good thing.

"Y-Your Grace," Rhaenerys' voice was shaking, as was her whole body, as she walked closer under the protection of Robb and bowed as low and far she could go. When she looked up, angry Baratheon eyes still glared at her and as did the furious eyes of his Queen.

"Stark—" She roared, addressing the young wolf with shame in her voice. "You would dare bring this filth into the castle, the enemy of your King whose uncle wants him dead?!"

"My Queen, please if you'd only let me explain—!" Robb tried to plead.

"Silence!" the man he was named after would have none of it. He practically flew down the steps which was the fastest anyone had ever seen him move since his younger days. He didn't even motion for the guards to seize them—preferring to grab Robb by his armor himself and nearly lift the grown man off of his feet.

"What were you thinking boy?!" The King yelled as he shook the young wolf, terror for her love flooding Rhaenerys' veins. "Why would you bring her here?! Do you not know that she is your enemy?!" He roared.

"Please—" Robb's voice broke as he looked between his King, and his father. "Please, I...I love her, Your Grace. She is no enemy to me."

His voice was so soft but it caused Robert to freeze in his tracks. Cersei's eyes blazed with anger as well and the lioness stared down the scared dragon girl.

"You what?" The angry king grunted, eyes flickering between Robb and the girl beside him.

When he finally managed to free himself, Robb straightened himself out and wrapped a loving hand around Rhaenerys' waist. "I said I love her," He told his King boldly, his father's face falling as he repeated it loudly. "I love Rhaenerys Targaryen, And I have brought her here to marry her, Your Grace."

Ned Stark's head hung defeatedly as Robb Stark declared it loudly, never once faltering in his words.

The trembling, doe-eyed girl he had seen many moons ago in the arena spoke up, too.

"And I love him as well, Your Grace," She told Robert, cowering behind her love.

The young lovers watched as Cersi scoffed at both of their delcorations. Clearly, the Queen thought the whole act was disgusting and disgraceful.

But it mattered not. Robert did not value Cersei's opinion so the only one that mattered was his.

"You...love her?" The king asked slowly, eyes flickering from the Targaryen and the Stark that was protecting her.

"Yes," Robb answered once again. And then, taking Rhaenerys' hands, he said something that made even Robert Baratheon, King of the Seven Kingdom, shiver in his boots. "I love her as the moon loves the sun. I love her like I am the stars and she is the night, and I cannot exist without her. I love her like you once loved her mother, Lyanna Stark," Robb paused, "And I came to you first to avoid the war that took her mother from you."

When he finished, no one in the throne room dared to breath as they witnessed a love so pure and strong it made everyone else seems small compared to Robb and Rhaenerys.

They clung to each other like fire and ice, melting into the other until they formed a body of water stronger than the sea.

Robb loved her, and Rhaenerys loved him.

That was all they came to prove.

And for once, someone other than Ned Stark managed to tame Robert Baratheon.

"Where are you going?" Cersei was confused when she watched her husband storm off, but failed to call upon to his guards to arrest either Robb or Rhaenerys.

The pair held each other and their breath as Robert turned around with a grumble.

"He said he wishes to marry the girl, Cersi," He started, "So I intend on finding the best damn Septon I can in this retched place."

And with that, King Robert III stalked off.