Chapter 3: meeting the Devil

Valentino's eyes scanned the room stopping when they landed one Elena

Valentino's eyes scanned the room stopping when they landed one Elena. He walked over and stopped in between her and I.

I hated the man but I couldn't help myself from noticing how attractive he was, his presence was dominating and the musky scent he wore fitted his look so perfectly. His silver eyes so striking, like a moon in a night sky with no stars.

"Elena, whose this ?" His voice was low and husky and I found his dark aroma to be alluring.

I snapped out of my thoughts before he could realise I was staring.

"Chiara Moretti" I introduced myself.

"Ah the assassin" he replied back. I couldn't tell if he was amused or if he has other thoughts about me. His expressionless face face nothing away.

"You would be correct" I stated as blunt as him.

Why does everyone say that when they meet me. Yes I'm 'the assassin' thanks for reminding me.

"I've heard a lot about you. I have been meaning to arrange a meeting so we could talk but I was informed you would be here so I decided to wait" my heart started to race and I wondered if he had figured out my agenda. I was so careful. I was sure that there was no alive person aware of my plans other than luca, and even he didn't know enough.

"I'll catch you guys later" elena stood up and sent a soft nod in my direction before she walked away.

Valentino nodded before taking his sisters place. I looked at him waiting for him to speak yet he didn't. "What can I get for you,sir" the bartender asked. "Vodka,neat" the bartenders eyes widened slightly before he nodded and served him. He looked young, no older then 18. I once again looked back to Valentino who was now taking a sip of his drink, while staring up at me through the rim of his glass.

I bit my lip nervously waiting for him to speak.
After putting his drink down he traced his bottom lip with his tongue, and I couldn't help myself from noticing the small action.

"It has come to my attention that you are a highly skilled assassin, yes?" he questioned.

"That I am" I replied in a bored manner. I was putting in a good facade. I couldn't show how interested  i really was because I couldn't risk raising suspicion, and as far as I'm aware he has good intuition.

"I have an upcoming mission, are you interested?"

My mouth tugged into a smirk "and why can you not complete this mission yourself, Mr hart?"

"This one also requires a pretty face" he replied now forming a smirk of his own.

I hummed before taking another sip of my drink. This is much better then what I had planned. It looks like fate might finally be on my side.

"And what is it that I will need to do?" I questioned. "This mission is very complex, it will take time and patience, I will need you to work at my base for the upcoming 2 months. You will train and go about your life as if you are part of my mafia. You will not be informed of anything other then your part which you will be told the day before and not until."